1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold Coin Shoot-Fairfax Rod & Gun Club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lacy, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lacy

lacy TS Member

Fairfax Rod and Gun Club in Manassas, VA will hold the annual Gold Coin Shoot on Labor Day, September 3. 100 singles; 100 handicap; 100 doubles. Gold coins to winners in classes, yardarge groups.

Free lunch for all shooters and guests.

Lacy

2. bhandzus

bhandzus Member

3. trapace

trapace Member

Come on out to FAIRFAX R & G and have a great time.

4. beaglesmith

beaglesmith TS Member

Lacy,

This will be my first registered ATA shoot. Can I shoot just the singles event, so I can get a feel for the event, or do I have to shoot all events? I shot in the Winter SAWs league at your club this year, so I know you'll have a good event.

Bob Smith

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ahhh ... all the corn you can eat on Sunday over at Izaak Walton and this shoot on Monday just a few miles away. Now if there was only something on Saturday it could be a full weekend of shooting.

6. trapperjohn

trapperjohn TS Member

Go to Lynchburg for Saturday shooting.

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know ... thats only about a 6 or 8 inch drive on a map but thats along way to drive in a car but it could be a possibility for the right person.

8. trapperjohn

trapperjohn TS Member

Both places are on Route 29 and the only thing between them is Charlottsville. Shoot Lynchburg, stop at the Bavarian Chef in Madison (right on Rt.29) for the best/biggest meal this side of wherever, have someone drive you to Warrenton for the night (you will not want to drive after eating)and it's about 20 miles to IWLA the next morning.

P.S. Stop at the Countryside Restaurant. Guess where--Rt.29 North of Warrenton for breakfast.

Trapper John

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Countryside is good eats but so is Yorkshire farther north on 29 as well ... uh ... um ... I best be careful again ... aint there a McDonalds somewhere close by?

10. trapperjohn

trapperjohn TS Member

Don't know about any McDonalds. Never been at any of these places. I'm guessing they are in the Eastern U.S.

That Yorkshire place is probably in some place called Gainsville or some such name. Just guessing on my part.

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know ... I would think about maybe shootin them shoots or just a part of them shoots but I aint a member of them places or a member of ATA ... so maybe I could just go to that Bavarian place and eat. ;-)

Would you suggest I wear my leaderhosin and funny hat with the feather in it?

12. lacy

lacy TS Member

Trapperjohn

Are we going to see you on Sunday or Monday?

Lacy

13. bhandzus

bhandzus Member

14. vatrap

vatrap Member

Dunnbrooke will be having their 500 target marathon on Saturday, Sept.1st.
    Directions are available at http://www.vatrap.com

Mike

15. trapperjohn

trapperjohn TS Member

Lacy,

I'm planning to be at both shoots. I usually wear a straw hat with pins until I'm ready to shoot and then switch to an old ball hat.

Lumper,

If you have any of those, you just gave yourself away as a sk@@t shooter. Seriously, it's one of the best restaurants around. West side of the road if you're headed to Charlottsville and a few miles South of Madison. But, I think you are very familiar with the area.

Trapper John

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

Tippity Toppity ...

I really wonder if I should try and shoot this event ... does anyone have any extra shells I could shoot for this event?

17. NintyT

NintyT Member

Lacy,

Wish I could be there. You have a fine shooting facility there. Steve Johnson (IL)

18. lacy

lacy TS Member

Nintyt

Good to hear from you, Steve. I've been seeing your name in Trap & Field a lot this year. Looks like you're having your usual great year shooting.

Lacy

19. lumper

lumper TS Member

Tippity Toppity ...

20. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Boy am I going to be a busy guy this weekend. Lynch on Sat, Centerville on Sun then Fairfax R and G on Mon. See you all at all three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.