1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold at $1547.98 WOW

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Well Guys.. I told you $1500 wasn't that far away... I see today it closed at almost $1548.. Still room to go.. Say $1580???

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Some speculators are predicting $5000. Seems gold and guns are the investments for the future.

Robert

3. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I thought you were talking about a Spolar...........LOL

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Gold broke $1555 today...

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

A few years back when Gold rose sharply a local farmer decided to bet the farm on a get rich quick idea. I guess I shouldn't have said farmer because he lost the farm.

Hope I'm wrong but it seems like when gold goes sky high a recession follows shortly after it peaks.

6. rd

rd TS Member

Gold and silver are valuable because the currency is not.

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

In 1964 a silver dime would buy you a gallon of gasoline. Today that same pre 64 dime will buy you the same gallon of gas.

To cover our national debt with our current gold holdings the price has to go to $10,000/ounce.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sold a handfull of Gold rings and broken necklaces when it hit $1165 or there abouts. Damn i wish i would have waited. The wife even said to just wait. You know i had to go against her opinion. It was stuff i found years ago with a cheap metal detector i had. Don't get me wrong, i was money ahead as long as you don't count the two years labor it took to find that stuff. LOL

City and State parks, fairgounds and playgrounds use to be sure things for finding jewelry and coins. I never did find any valuable coins unless silver quarters and dimes count. Nowadays everybody who metal detects hits those spots.

I have actually considered buying me a new modern one. Gotta be some money and jewerly at the WSRC by now i would think.

Not to change the subject.......

9. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

The fact that a silver dime bought a gallon of gas in 64' and again in 2011' speaks volumes for the worth of our present day currency.

10. grntitan

Robert--Thats a mostly true statement. It just depends on where you buy your gas. Now a 1932-1964 Washington silver quarter will easily do it.

1946-1964 Roosevelt silver dime has a silver value alone of $2.64

1932-1964 Washington silver quarter has a silver value alone of $6.59

1964 Kennedy silver half dollar has a silver value alone of $13.18

Even a 1965-1970 Kennedy half dollar has 40% silver and has a value of $5.39

11. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

In 1964, a silver dime was worth 10 cents, 2 nickels, or 10 pennies. Silver was fixed at $1.29 per ounce, gold was around $40/ounce, also a fixed price. Gas was around 32 cents per gallon... Today, around here a gallon of gas costs $3.72 to $3.95 I don't know of anyone paying anything near $3.75 for common date Roosevelt silver dimes. Larry

12. grntitan

Larry--Its what the silver of the coin is worth by weight.

A silver dime has $2.64 worth of silver if you sold it as scrap silver. As a dime its worth .10c.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.