1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold at $1497

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Well... Gold is just a few dollars away from $1500 per oz..

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Imagine what your gold tooth is worth now. LOL

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

A good indicator that the economy still sucks. Wish I had some gold to unload.

Jim

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

If our country gets nothing more out of Danald Trump..it Will get the truth.. He has painted a very realistic picture of our vastly declining dollar.. Not only has gold gone thru the ceiling.. but look at silver.... WOW...

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Yup, If the FED don't stop printing monopoly money soon gold may hit $2000.00 and who know, Silver may hit a hundred bucks.

Jim

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

You don't need a wheelbarrow full of silver to be worth something anymore.

I can't believe 100 ounce bars that were bought at $400 dollars several years ago are now worth $4,330 !!!

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Years ago when wife and I were at the flea markets I would buy one ounce gold coins for right around the $300 mark. Got a few together and when gold hit a little over $600 an ounce I sold them off and more than doubled my money. I was happier than a pig in sxxt. Now I think what a dumb a$$ I was for selling off. You never know. Bulge.

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Gold is seen as a safe haven in turbulent times but as the economy improves gold will see a serious correction. Stay away from gold.

9. shelly

shelly TS Member

UT didn't have their assets in currency, they had and still have it invested. Gold is just another investment to them. Since the UT endowment is 16+ billion, their gold investment is just 6.25% of their assets- hardly an abandonment of other investments. I don't know for sure, but would be willing to bet that they still have plenty invested in stocks, bonds and real estate.

I suspect they will regret their foray into gold but at least it's another diversification for them.

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It's high right now but is it a good investment?

In the late 70's early 80"s, gold was close to $1000 look at other things priced at that time, it seems if you put a zero behind what it was selling for is about what it is selling for now, IE: Gas used to be 30-40 cents a gallon, now it's 3-4 dollars a gallon, a car or pickup was about $3-4000, now 30-40,000, a nice house was $25-30,000, now 250-300,000, to keep up gold should be at about $9-10,000

Just an observation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.