1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GOLD at $1272

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Looks like the IMF and India just bought a s--tload of gold.. pushing the price to an all time high.. The Euro is now $1.30+.. Guess no one trust currency this week..

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

10 metric tons of gold bought.

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

$1,273.00 + $25.90 @ 2:22pm est...

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Silver is over $20...inflation coming?

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

next year the gov wants these sales issued a 1099.

6. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Inflation has been here for a while now , just that people are finaly getting the picture...

I dabble in presious metals , and have been watching things for a while now..

When Government's print more money to pay debts and bail out Banks , guess what , the paper is worth a lot less and Gold increases...

In a short time from now , you will be saying , remember when Gold was $1275. and we should have bought some..

Man it's nice to have hobbies as we do , any guesses where it will settle..

I think $1500. - $2K , any other optimists...

Robert

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Robert.. It all depends how long you want to look down the road.. But yes.. the road will be bumpy.. but $1500 is comming.. Just a question of when.. I look closely at what the IMF does.. and their purchase yesterday send up a BIggggggggggggggg flag to me.. But then again.. what do I know???? Anyway..Time will tell if our US dollar will become the lire or peso..

8. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

I wouldn't want to be holding very much gold if deflation kicks in - and it very well might.

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

Why is the IMF selling it's gold reserves? Is it so that when these countries can't pay back their debt to the IMF, the IMF gets the gold back?

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

otnot.. I stand corrected.. I heard the IMF BOUGHT 10 tons.. not sold??? So.. now.. I really wonder what's happening..

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

Mike
    Try to buy gold or silver coins from the US Treasury. They have been out of stock for months. They claim they can't get the blanks to stamp.

not so good

Jim

12. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

Yes, they are planning to SELL a total of 403.3 MILLION tonnes. They have to raise cash so they can lend it out to poor countries. Does the U.S. get any. :)

"Date announced: September 9, 2010

Total price: USD 403 million

* The IMF said the sale to Bangladesh's central bank raised USD 403 million, adding that it was part of 403.3 tonnes approved for sale by its executive board in September 2009."

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Dang...maybe I SHOULDA been a gold digger.

14. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Remember when Gold was at $1272 , I should have bought more!!!

Oh boy we are entering troubled times , what a difference a couple months makes...

Robert

15. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Robert.. My next guess is bailouts in Europe are staged not to have everything turn upside down overnight... Since I started this thread.. the Euro has seen 1.37+ I think we're still on track for $1500 gold... BTW.. I have a pure gold bracelet.. 24kt.. A little over 1 oz.. and I need a MX3 O/U barrel.. 30" or longer.. Any takers??? All Good.. Mike

16. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Today.. I really want a O/U barrel.. I was trying this to get someone to reach in the back of their gun vault.. It would how ever be a nice Christmas gift for the wife or girl friend.. and an investment too.. If I find a barrel.. I'll sell this to pay for it.. Jim and Rich have relieved me of all surplus money this month..LOL.. but I did get some very useful things from them..

If you send me a E-mail address..I'll take a few pictures tonight and send them to you.. It's a pretty bracelet.. All Good.. Mike

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Got it.. I'll send pictures tonight.. All Perazzi parts trades are of interest to me.. receiver and irons.. barrels..(no single barrels..sorry).. All Good.. Mike

18. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

I has a bracelet which is 100 grams of 18K , just over 3 ounces...

I am thinking of parting with that...

Nice wide and thick links which I think is much nicer than the hollow links on most bracelets we see...

Pictures are available..

Robert

19. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Steve.. you have E-mail with pictures as I promised... Anyone else.. I have 3 offerings at 10% over melt..at $1375.. Send me a E-mail for pictures..

Perazzi@att.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.