1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold $1052.60 Wow

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Still going up..

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Do you think this is artificially inflated just like the oil prices from a year ago?

As with the oil, we had speculators and short sellers on every TV and radio program hyping up the price.....saying "BUY NOW, be cause next week, next year, it'll be doubled". Everyday for the past year, every talk radio station has been running ads about buying gold.

I feel when times get tough...real tough, that gold isn't going to protect your home or family like 180 grains of lead.

Just a thought.

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Rumors are its going thru the roof by the end of the year.

However, just rumors.

Regards....Gerald

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Gun Dr.. You need a mixed portfolio... Gold,silver,AR-15,1911,good shotgun,food,water,your meds..,extra powder,primers,cases,and projectiles.. I would not put my eggs in one basket..

5. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

never ever buy at the top.
    gold prices will collapse, as they do periodically, and will likely in the next few months as the economy works it way off the bottom.
    jmho,
    dave

6. glenns

glenns Member

PerazziBigBore - I'm with you. :)

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I don't know that I would be in a hurry to buy gold today either.. But I figure in todays dollars.. I own 3 years of "life"..regardless of what the dollar does.. Just a little breathing room.. Personally.. I wish I owned more.. but it is..what it is.. I think.. and I'm not an alarmist..I'd be plotting what to do..if the crunch gets worse..ie..what can I cut back on.. I hate to say it.. but my shooting budget is $50.00 a month now.. I'm buying no more guns.. and might even be selling a few.. Sales have been so bad in New Orleans,I have not drawn a paycheck since June..but doing OK.. Just I waste nothing.. I think there are many changes to come.. Some good.. some not so good.. Time will tell.. All Good.. Mike

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Dave, go to the above site and look at the chart. The dollar is collapsing.

Gold will go up as investors forsake the dollar and seek safety and stability.

The only thing that could stop it would be reducing the deficit and buying back the trillion dollars they borrowed from the Fed last spring.

It might not be good to buy gold if supplies ran low and a shortage developed, that would cause a buying panic.

Get ready for 5 dollar a loaf bread.

They tried printing money to solve problems in prewar Germany, but the Deutschmark caved in anyway. millions of people were ruined.

It can happen here. They are already talking about removing the dollar as the instrument for petroleum pricing. Day by day, more people are losing faith in the dollar.

Last summer was the first time in my life (70 years) I ever saw the Canadian dollar on an even keel with the US dollar. Us dollar rallied as people ran to Treasury instruments in a flight to quality(!).

We voted for change, and now we will get it.

HM

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

What is it they say about hot investments, by the time everybody finds out it is too late.

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

HM..You have a clear vision of things IMHO.. I hope we're all wrong..............but I doubt it.. I'd be more than a dime you have a pair of shoes,a shirt,or a handtool older than our "Chief"..????? All Good.. Mike

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

BTW.. $1053

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

$1060 as of now..

13. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Mike, you're right. In fact I have a set of 5/16 (yes 5/16) drive craftsman sockets with the old oval yellow and blue label. Maybe that's cheating I got them from Dad.

However, I bought a good basic set when I was 16 and had my first car, 1/2 drive, box wrenches, etc. That was in 1956.

The oldest shoes I have are from 1966. (hunting Sorels).

Coffee sounds good, maybe a little Gibson's Sterling too if you like.

HM

15. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The best I can do.. is a few bags of Ljutic mono-wads.. some army surplus 30-06 AP.. LC42.. I was born in 54.. I do have a pair of shoes I wore to Georgia Tech in 1973..and maybe a Neru jacket..LOL... I do have a few of my thin valve tapet wrenches from 1967/68 and 1 car stand from Wester Auto from the late 60's.. A torque wrench from Craftsman 1969 I paid $39.00 A quick release head..and micrometer handle adjustment.. But the BEST thing I have from the past.. is memories.. Most of us grew up at a time the children of today will never know about.. .25 cent movies .06cent Cokes.. Boy meet girl dances.. $50.00 cars that we pushed home to fix with our friends.. Working at a gas station so we could learn how to fix them.. Brakejobs in our driveway..Cutting lawns so we could go with our friends to Burger Haven on Saturday's.. Isky cams,Hooker headers,thrush mufflers, Mickey Thompson L60-15 tires.. or Marsh tires if you had money.. It's hard to know where you're going.. when you don't know where you've been.. That's the problem with today.. These Kids..were not in class the days we learned about life..and working for youself.. and saving so YOU had something.. They all feel our savings is part of their retirement account.. Ok.. I've vented.. 1st cup is on me.. You light the fire.. I'll bring the steaks.. We think alike.. All Good.. Mike

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Sport shot, don't you have a pawn-jewlry or coin dealer near you?

You can possibly do a little better and not have to mess with shipping.

17. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Keep in mind when things collapse the only thing of value will be what you can carry.....Anything you have hoarded, inc. your gold will be taken and you will be dead......Any indication of a stash will be picked up on and you will be attacked, and your gold and your thousands of rounds of ammo will be worthless.....No one will survive trying to defend their wealth.....Even if you live in a mountain, you will still need to get out.

Survival will mean blending in and disappearing, not being wealthy.

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Then where would you go when you "get out"?

I think most would sell their PM's to buy ammo, food and other preps before it turned to total SHTF.

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Sportshot,

If it is a full half ounce on the scale and .999 I will will take it. I'm not familiar with that mint.

20. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Sounds good.
    Thanks, Shannon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.