1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Going too Disney World need help with planning

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by need to shoot more, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Hello Everyone and Happy Holidays to all!
    Me,mywife and my two fourteen year old daughters are going down in March we were their about five years prior.
    We signed on for the fishing trip last time and it was $200.00 for two hours, guide, boat and bait. The fishing area was internally in the park and we had a great time but afully short.
    I am looking for another fishing option with a guide, boat etc. were me and my family would feel comfortable with the guide spending maybe four hours fishing and approximately one hour drive time from the park.Any help would be appreciated.

Any other suggestions? Keneddy Space Ctr, Sea World?
    Thank You!
    Jim Zimak

2. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

The space port is excellent and a well kept secret. Sea World is also good but will not be allowed to fish. The needle is a great ride where you can see a lot of the area. For fresh water fishing, Google "guide fishing Lake Toho, Kissimmee, Fl." Kissimmee is just south of Disney. The correct way to say it is "Ki-ssimm-ee". Most yanks want to say "Kiss-i-mmee". That is a great fresh water lake. Big bass and speckled perch (or crappie as some call them. Daytona and Cape Canaveral both offer excellent salt water fishing. You can chose bay fishing for reds and trout or deep water. A head boat charter in blue water is a little cheaper than a captain with a single party boat. The cost of the fishing will be a bit more than the local Disney trip though. Let me know how the trip turns out.

3. BARTMAN

BARTMAN TS Member

Sea world is good. Drive over to Kissimmee to old town on friday and saturday night they have car show and cruise in . nice place to stay too right beside old town Rv park called Tropical palms they have small cabins or chalets its very nice place.

4. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Takes lots of MONEY

5. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Thanks for the responses we do appreciate it and the money part is a givie but this probley our last large vacation for a while.

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I live on the East coast of Florida. The Space Center is a great place to visit if you're into the whole NASA/space thing. VERY interesting,entertaining, and educational. As far as fishing, I would suggest you investigate a trip with a guide for either Inshore species( Trout, Redfish, Snook) or Offshore( Sea conditions permitting). Heck...you can "Bass-fish" anywhere. The Mosquito Lagoon/Banana River areas offer some fabulous fishing for species you won't find many other places, and offshore...well, that's why I'm here...That's a whole other world..!!
    Whatever you choose....ENJOy..!!

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

If you plan on a visit to the Space Center, get on line and purchase tickets for the guided tours they offer.

Highly recommended. You will get more out of the visit.

If you try to purchase tour tickets at the gate, a good possibility there will not be any available for that day as they limit the number of guided tours.

Your family may enjoy this when in Orlando...

http://www.bodyflight.net/skyventure.html

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

If you are staying 5 plus days you can save a lot of money by renting a condo. Check out www.redweek.com.

9. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

As I remember, the various gift shops used to give a 10% discount if you paid via American Express.

Ed Ward

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I just got back (took the 2 daughters and 2 grandkids) on 12/10. We stayed at a cabin in the Fort Wilderness area. The cabin had a queen sized Murphy Bed in the LR and a double and bunk beds in the bdrm. Large refrig, stove, microwave and all cookware. It was nice to have breakfast (plus snacks/drinks at night) there and then head out to the different parks.

One hazard to look out for is the the Lame, Lazy and Obese on the rent-a-scooters....they clog the lines, slow the buses and generally just get in the way ( I always feel bad for the truly infirmed/disabiled, but it was obvious these people ate their way into their problem) plus the obnoxious daycare kids....

Get to know and use the "Fast Pass" feature at the more popular rides.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.