1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Going To Tulsa, Ok Gunshow

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DoubleAuto, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I am going for the first time to the Wannamaker Gun Show in Tulsa in April. Anything in particular to look for at the gunshow? Do they have shuttles from the parking lots to the entrance? Any recommendations on reasonable lodging in the area or restaurants? Any help is appreciated.

DoubleAuto

2. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

you will be doing good if you can find a motel room at this late date. and I will add that if your worried about a shuttle in the parking lot (they do have one) you might not want to walk the show. take the best walking shoes you have. dont worry about looks. I wore boots the first time, now i stay with the sneekers.thinking about trying those "are you jellin" inserts. from what ive found most shotguns are on the upper deck.

3. DoubleAuto

Thanks for the information. I was just trying to save time on my feet with the shuttle as I know it will be a long two days.

4. ks-trap-shooter

ks-trap-shooter TS Member

It is the greatest show in the world! Good walking shoes is a must. ALso, a pen and paper to write down where you saw something you were interested in. LOTS OF CASH! Stop at a local gas station, sometimes they have coupons for a couple dollars off ticket price.

5. DoubleAuto

I have thought about taking a light weight folding All-Terrain Seat to use to get off my feet every so often in a corner. It fits in a camo duck blind bag. Good or bad idea?

6. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

The first thing to look for is a parking place, good luck. LOL

7. ks-trap-shooter

ks-trap-shooter TS Member

I don't know if I would waste my energy carrying around a seat. Seating really is not that big of a problem. You can always find one of the many nasty yellow picnic tables to have a seat on, while paying 5 bucks for a watered down soda :)

Damn, I may just have to go...you got me excited now. The problem I always have is, about halfway through, you start to get in this trance and almost don't even care anymore. But, I am a one day warrior, if you are staying both days...you should be fine.

8. JWS

JWS Member

Its the greatest gun show and I have been several times to the Fall show.
    Not very many trap guns to be had at this show. If you are a serious buyer of collectable rifles, pistols, and so forth its the place to go.
    Motels are sold out 9 months in advance for April and October shows.
    Never ever encountered the "shuttle" when in the parking lot.
    You have 13.5 acres of tables under one roof and 2 days isn't nearly enough time to see it all. If you find something you really want-don't walk away from the table or take your hands off it till you make the deal. I have made this mistake several times and regretted it every time.
    Good walking shoes a must -don't buy new shoes just to wear at the show-break them in ahead of time or you will have really sore feet in a matter of hours.
    Have fun!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.