1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Going to the Grand, Gun Dealer/Vendor Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ShootinSue, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Heading to the Grand for the first time, this Friday, for a sight seeing/info gathering venture. Just down for the day. I'm thinking of taking a non-trap shotgun (20 ga. 1100 Skeet) to sell but not to trade. Any recommendations for a dealer to see?

I'll take lots of pics on my walk about and maybe Sue can post them when I get back.

Thanks!

Terry

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

You could go see Jim at JJ's guns. He is on the far west end of the main vendors row. His store is open year round & I do know he does buy guns from individuals although you would do best to sell it yourself to an individual.
    Dealers won't give you top dollar as they have to make money too. There are many other dealers at the Grand now. Good luck & enjoy the sights. Colonel

3. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I would be sure to carry it around with a for sale sign on it. Selling to an individual will yield top dollar. Dealers will typically give you 80% of retail at best.

have fun, stay hydrated and good luck on your sell!

4. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the replies. Got me re-thinking my bright idea.

Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.