1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Going to the Alaska State Shoot!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

John B.

Go get'em.

Joe Kuhn

2. IcySwan1

IcySwan1 TS Member

Boondocker Sporting Goods in nearby Eagle River for your ammo needs. Mike

3. JH

JH Well-Known Member

FYI:

1. Sportsmen Warehouse in Wasilla.
    2. Sorry, Union People: Walmart in Wasilla.
    3. Grouse Ridge Shooting Grounds in Wasilla (Sarah shoots there.)
    4. Boondocks in Eagle River.
    5. The State Skeet Shoot (sorry guys!) is this weekend at Birchwood.
    6. Trap Shoot coming up at Birchwood.
    7. Try the 5 stand at Birchwood!

There will be a "screening test" taken upon your arrival....if you are a metrosexual-liberal...they will send you back to Kalifornia....

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

John. STS are $80 a flat at Boondocks and they take cash only. And yo get $2 a box rebate. I'll get mine there. I'll be at the shoot on Wed-Fri.

Jack

5. JACK

Rick. I plan on posting as I go. Gotta get david to plug in my wife's email.

6. otnot

otnot Active Member

If this weather holds bring your shorts and sunblock. It has been 75-80 for the past couple of weeks. See you guys Wednesday afternoon.

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

If all go well you guys will see a 4 man squad from the U.P. next year plans are in the works! Bill

8. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Bill we hope you can make it.

Boondocks is the only place to get shells....good price plus the $2 rebate. Long time shoot sponsor, too.

The trophies are ready (it's gonna take TWO pickup loads to get them to the shoot), the beer is almost iced. I'll pick up 150 ribeye steaks Tuesday. Today I'm hitting the bank for $16,500 to make the payouts - for a 100 person shoot??? We're nuts.

the club is immaculate...Dave Cross has it ready to go.

9. JACK

Jim. Going on a Tues afternoon Silver trip on the Double Trouble. I fished for 10 years on Lake Michigan for Coho, King, Browns and Lake trout. We trolled. I think we jig fish for Silvers? The term is "Mooch" for Halibut, but I hope ot limit out nad hav them sent back. Watch fo rme as I roll in on Wed AM prob about 10 AM. No later than 11 AM. Here is a pic of me drinkin "hooch" on my beach form the fall. My bride and the grand kids.

[​IMG]

We live in the middle of a vacation destination and rarely go anywhere. Last trip was Napa/Sonoma a few years back. So my wife is really looking fwd to this excursion. Me too.

10. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

Do you know shoot dates for 2010. Trying to plan ahead. Thank's

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

Well Jack I'm looking forward to meeting you and your wife and I'm sure Yukonjack will have a little hooch available for us to sample.

Bill if you make it up here next year we are going to have to arrange to have a special event for old single barrel trap guns.

I took this picture on the way to 06 State shoot at Girdwood. By the way the best restaraunt in Alaska is in Girdwood.

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=alaska.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jack this is what a silver looks like:

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=Moose002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

12. Rx4PainAK

Rx4PainAK TS Member

Hey, Jeff. Save some time w/ the trophies and cash. Don't put them in the clubhouse, just load them in Stubby's truck or mine. Thanks!
    Jared

13. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

My son and I will arrive Thursday night and shoot Friday and Sat!!! See you all there!! Frank and Matt C

14. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Jared...I'd like to do that for you. Really I would. But I don't think you can touch Fleming in the singles right now.

The state shoot next year will likely be the same dates...third week of July, concurrent with the western zone again. We 'll have firm dates for all our shoots for 2010 by the end of September...plenty of time to make plans for the summer of 2010....

I'm trying to work out a deal with the cruise lines for some packages that would let a couple cruise up, shoot and fly home, or fly up, shoot and cruise home. Should have something by the end of the summer...

15. JACK

Ot. That looks like a Coho.

Adn for those that do not know, many consder the silver/coho to be the finest table fare of the salmonod family.

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

You guys and gals are in for some great company and good times shooting and visiting with my Alaskan friends!! I'm looking forward already to next years state shoot but I want to stay a little longer too. I wanna catch something a tad bigger than moby da minner we have down here! Good luck to everyone, I know yer in for some great times!!

Hap

17. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

18. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Jared and Stubby, Good Luck guys down at the State Shoot, was fun shooting with you guys at Fairbanks. Tony and I will be thinking of you at the "Grand" at Evergreen. Don't let those guys down there buffalo ya, they tried in "79" and it didnt work........LOL Dave Thacker

19. otnot

otnot Active Member

Jared after looking at your and Stubbys averages I'm wondering why your even coming down? LOL I will have a beer cap engraved with your name on it so you don't go home empty handed. See ya soon and get your arm in shape for some late night horseshoes.

Jack I think this year were going to be eating troll caught coho and halibut for dinner on Saturday if we can keep the cook out of the beer. Friday night is ribeye steaks.

20. JACK

James. I canot wwait. My wife looks fowd as do I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.