1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Going to the Alaska State Shoot!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by otnot, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otnot

otnot Active Member

John I think your going to have a great time up here in Alaska. The people your going to meet here will be some of the nicest and most helpful you will ever run into. If you need anything in the way of information give me a shout or I'm sure JeffP will jump in here sooner or later. Make sure you bring a fishing pole and a good set of raingear in case it rains. We don't get much rain in July but if your out fishing it can get a bit chilly.

Jim
    800-982-2377

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=Summer_Evening_jpg.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

ALLRIGHT John!!!!!

That's the best news I've had all DAY. Woo hoo....email coming from me!

jeff

3. otnot

otnot Active Member

If you guys want to go fishing go to my website and under "Alaskana" you will find a pretty good list of fishing guides and lodges. July is peak tourist season so you should start to book your trip now. As for what to fish for. This is the peak of the Sockeye,King salmon runs. I would also recommend you go to Seward for Halibut,Lingcod. Denali is only an hour and half from the trap range if you want to see the mountain up close. You can also fly out of Talkeetna and land on Denali.

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Also, those of you coming up can get ahold of me via email. I'll be happy to help out any way I can...point you to fishing, tours, places to eat, whatever we can do to make it a great trip.

5. otnot

otnot Active Member

No what you mean Jim is that your not going to get much sleep. I can see it now fishing before you shoot and after you get done shooting. LOL This is a picture of the only King Jim has ever caught. LOL

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=49.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=JeraldsHalibut.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Last year while at the Alaska State shoot a group of us went on a halabit fishing trip. I have done a lot of fishing in my day but this was the absolute best. I thought my biceps was going to fall of from all the reeling. We all caught our limit.

It is a great place and the Alaskin shooters are the best....

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

otnot, yukonjack222 led me to beleive that King pictured was the bait? :)

Nice fish Jim! Musta been a 12 pack trip? grinz Hap

8. wylekiot

wylekiot TS Member

Hi, I have always wanted to travel up the alcan highway to Alaska. Would like to share a ride. I am retired and have time and money to make the trip. Anybody need someone one to share the trip? Thanks , Ken

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

Ken if your going to drive give yourself at least 3 days from the time you hit the Canadian border to Anchorage. I've done it in 3 days from Seattle but I drove 20 hours a day. Canada is a beautiful drive but I have only seen it during the winter months.

10. otnot

otnot Active Member

Joe why don't you get together with Ken and make an adventure out of it. Make the drive, it's a blast and once you get here you may do what my father did. "Honey sell the house we're moving to Alaska!" I'm sure glad they did! It's the last place in the USA that you can still get a fresh start.

Jim Trujillo

11. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

And Jim's not just lying about that either...he's a refugee from the lower 48. Something about an unfortunate incident with a greyhound, a midget, two cheerleaders, a quart of MD-20/20 and some lime jello.

he's never very clear on the details of it though...but I think that's how he came up with his handle on TS "otnot", as in "one ot not mess with a greyhound, a midget...well, you get the idea.

But he's right, we accept him just like we would any other.

12. otnot

otnot Active Member

Just to show you how much fun we have in Alaska. These are pictures of our current President fishing. One with his wife and the other woman is still unknown but there is a rumor she was his secretary. Guess what one is his wife?

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=michellesalmon.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=jeffandlorisalmon.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

13. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Dangit you two...those pictures are supposed to stay secret, right along with my scores....

Jerry, I'm just practicing for when I move to Florida...I thought that was the style down there? you can't tell, but I'm wearing shorts and knee high black socks under those waders, too.

And Yukon, I DO only hit the easy targets...there were enough easy ones last week at league I beat you by 9 over 75 birds, and at the shoot before that, when I beat you for HOA, and at the shoot before that...LOL, why bother with the hard ones when I seem to only need the easy ones???

Otnot's right...we surely do have fun up here. BTW, otnot, I have recently come into a liter bottle of Crown Royal that I'll save for the state shoot, unless you think we need to drink it sooner...

jeff

14. otnot

otnot Active Member

Since I'm the cook for the salmon dinner on Friday of the state shoot I am trying to figure out just how many mouths I have to feed. So if your planning on coming to the Great Alaska State Shoot would you be so kind as to let me know how much salmon you can eat? I don't want to run out.

Thanks
    Jim

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

ME!! ME!!! ME!!! Don't dare miss the salmon.

i'll be there.

seriously, OTNOT is right. We have a lot of folks coming a long way, and we plan to show them one HELL of a GOOD TIME.

Also, we're going to have the program out soon...and I'll email to anyone that wants. Drop me a line.

jeff

16. Toddy

Toddy Member

Jeff, I would like a program to pass around here on Vancouver Island.
    Thanks,
    Reg. T.,East Sooke, BC

17. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

On the way, Toddy....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.