1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Going to Sparta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dt10john, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dt10john

dt10john Member

The wife and I are making the trek to Sparta to attend the Grand. Use to go to Vandallia. Are they as many vendors? Might be buying a DT11 or something there.

Thanks in advance.

2. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

There are not as many vendors but I like Sparta. The people are very friendly and u can't beat Southside Ribs for dinner. I shoot sporting Clays when not shooting trap. Plenty of guns for sale.

3. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I never went to Vandalia, but I can't imagine "more" vendors! As you dive up the drive at Sparta, all the buildings to your right are permanent buildings of dealers and manufacturers. Beretta, Winchester, Promatic, Guns International, etc.

To the left of the Events Center are all of the tent dealers and vendors! Schultz, Fairchild, all the gunsmiths, etc.

You should have no problem finding what you are looking for! Martinpicker

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Plenty of venders. Don't forget your salt tablets and umbrella.

5. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

I am sure that there were more at Vandalia but then again at most of the shoots over the past several years there has been less and less vendors.

6. Donm

Donm Active Member

I don't think there were many more in Ohio. Went to atleast 10 there and 5 in Sparta. It is just more organized in Sparta.

7. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I'll be there making Custom Molded Ear Plugs.. !! I never did that in Vandilia so I guess there's at least one more in Sparta then there was in OH.. LOL

Jerry B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.