1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Going to shoot skeet this Sunday.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomc66, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

I will be attempting to shoot skeet this Sunday for the first time in about 40 years. A friend will be lending me a Remmington 1100 skeet gun. When I shoot trap, I aim at the bottom edge of the target. Is this the same for skeet?
  2. shootsome

shootsome Member

I shoot Skeet, too. Look at the target and forget about the barrel. The barrel will be in the right place if you're looking at the target. If you look at the barrel, the gun stops swinging and you're dead meat!
  3. hmb

hmb Active Member

If you can take some shots on low 7 to start. That way you will get an idea of what sight picture to use. HMB
  4. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Start your gun out about 1/3 of the way OUT from the house to the center stake. Look back towards, not at the window, call for your target, look at the front of the target while swinging your gun thru the target and pull the trigger...DEAD BIRD!! Good luck.
  5. OldGoat

OldGoat Active Member

Don't forget to LEAD - especially at stations 3, 4, & 5. Enjoy! Best Regards, Ed
  6. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

Remember to call your Doctor on monday, there are shots available to get rid of that Skeet thing.
  7. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Above is a good link to a youtube video on station one. Go from there to watch all the stations. 99% of successful skeet shooters use sustained lead. Shoot in front of the target. Much more than in trap. Have fun. Mark
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.