1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Going to Norfolk VA Naval base

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by copper, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copper

copper Member

Planing to go down to visit son who is station there any recomended place to stay did search and Hampton Inn looks good, anyone on here stayed there I understand there is on base also has anyone done this , thanks Dave

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Copper, Your son should check with the navy lodge on the base. He can get you a room. Or you can call them 757 489-2656 Bldg sda313 294 units. Good luck Dave Bishop

3. vatrap

vatrap Member

If you want to shoot while you are there, check out the Oceana Trap and Skeet range. Directions are on the Vatrap website, Norfolk County is also close by.

Mike

4. trapperjohn

trapperjohn TS Member

Dave,

Is your son at the Naval Base or some other base in the area? There are many hotels within a few miles and near restaurants. Let me know if you have any special requirements.

Also, I'm a member at Norfolk County. Scheduled shooting is Tuesday evening and Sunday afternoon. However, we can use the club any time.

Regards,
    Trapper John

5. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Don't plan on taking your guns to the Navy lodge, or anywhere on the base..that would be a big NO..NO..lb

6. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

why would taking your guns on the base be a NO NO.

all you have to do check in with the provost marshal who will check that your guns are unloaded and in a lockable case. I do it every time I go down to camp Pendelton (they have a really nice trap and skeet range there)
    Pete
    USN 81 to 85

7. copper

copper Member

Thanks for all the info my son is on a Air craft carrier, he has only been at Norfolk for about a year was station in Japan for 5 years. Thanks again Thanks for the offer to shoot would love to but the wife would most be shooting a lot of words at me not kind at all and some looks.it looks like we are going to stay with her cousin , he has just made captain this past year is there also his wife and kids. We are only going to be there for around 4 days . regards Dave

8. copper

copper Member

Well my son Adam was on a FRIGET the Garry in Japan and he has had a hard time getting use to a carrier the Truman so big so many people much different for him,And Japan also he had gotten use to that Norflk much differn,t Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.