1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Going rate for a haircut in your area?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Just got a haircut Saturday, and the barber raised his rates to $10.00. If you want your neck razor shaved add another $3.00. Shampoe add another $3.00. If your hair is shoulder length add another $3.00.

What is this like piece work? When I was a kid, my father would get his hair cut along with my brother and myself and total bill without a tip was $3.75.

I'd have to say $10.00 isn't to bad in this day and age, with tip $10.25. What do you pay for a haircut. Please don't write and tell me any one of you pay more than $15.00???
    Steve Balistreri

2. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

here on Long Island NY...$ 4.50 buzz-cut Marine style.

( round of trap = $ 7.00 )

CW

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I got no hair and still pay $10.00

4. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

$6.00

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

$11.00 here in South Georgia. Can't believe it's more expensive here than up North. Panama City shop was $15.00 but only got it cut there one time. Jackie B.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

$20 but that includes the tip. She's cute too.

Don

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

"Marx at the pier" in Hermosa Beach, CA when I had my hair cut for the past 15 years was $65. Tried many places, some for less some for more, but Mark is so far the only one that can do a "Uncut" look for me.

8. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

$12.00 in Chattanooga, TN. Steve you tip $0.25?

9. sherry2310

sherry2310 TS Member

Please don't go for the neck razor shave unless you start tipping more than .25! LOL

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

$8 here in Indiana but I get a discount since I only have half hair.

11. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

13 bucks both here in Yuma and at home in CO. Finally found a good red neck barber in Yuma. The place in CO is a real old timey barber shop with two old guys who look like they have been cutting hair for 50 years. Sometimes I go buzz cut, wife does it with clippers but she bangs me around.

12. APrice

APrice Active Member

The wife does mine. No telling what the total bill comes to!

13. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

In Amarillo, my barber charges $14.00 for a short and tapered haircut. It also comes with a neck shave, and a shoulder rub with one of those vibrator deals. I pay her $20. I also pay her $20 to cut my grandson's hair. It is worth it. He is hell in that chair, but he is getting better. LOL.

14. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I go too Luigis its complete cut,goatee trimmed,hot shaving cream and after shave when complete its $15 and I tip her $5 because I think its worth $20.00 I also go to a Asian place six people cutting hair she chages $12.00 no shaving cream but uses a eletric shaver pretty good job and quick, I tip her $5.00 also.
    I live in Philadelphia

15. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

$10 in Kentucky

16. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

$30 Pesos [about$2.75] with complete straight razor clean-up.....

GS

17. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Couldn't tell ya, haven't paid for a haircut in probably close to a decade (do my own buzzcut). Finally replaced the old clippers with new ones for $15 about 3 years ago.

Can't believe that even figuring on 1x per month at $10/x I've saved myself $1200... Plus it's nice to be able to touch it up whenever I feel like.

18. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

Washington State- Mikes barber shop 11 bucks for cut and shave takes at least 20 min all the b.s.involved. Kick him 20 bucks because he'll come in on his day off if needed and he is a young father. Great guy.

19. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Like Skeet Man, I cut my own hair. About a year ago, a guy I know asked me how much I paid for my haircuts. I said, "Nothing." He said, "You're still getting screwed."

20. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Sherry:
    I was kidding about the .25cent tip. My barber is pretty old, as he reminds me of Floyd the barber on the old Any Griffith show. I do give him a good tip. I orginally went to barber school, as we use to cut hair for the homeless at no charge.

On the first day that I gave my first shave, I sent a guy to the emergency room for stiches. He came back later that day and wanted me to finish him up. The instructor said he wanted to have someone else work on him. Shortly afterwards, the instructor sat me down and said some people are cut out for barbering, sorry to say your not in my opinion. I then decided to go into banking.
    Steve

Don:
    I almost jumped out of my chair when I read that you pay $20.00. Then I read that Steve W. pays $65.00?? That must be at the same place that Robin Leach goes to film the tv show "the rich and famous"???

Some guy just sent me a PM and said Jay Leno pays $500.00 for a haircut. Are these people insane? Even if I was rich I would not throw money around like that. My wife always says that I throw nickles around like man hole covers.
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.