1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

going for custom wood

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sterlingworth, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

OK,Ive played around enough with factory wood,its about time to get some truly fitted wood.Does anyone know of a good stock fitter in eastern P.A.?Iam looking for someone to get me the proper length,drop at comb,do i need a special cast to the stock.I want all my questions answered,and a stock set made up.Any recomendations,and were does one start? Thank you very much for any and all help. Ray

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

I would try to find Ed Yanchock.

He is a poster on this board, and I have heard good things about his work.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

sent you a PM with my thoughts.

4. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Dennis DeVault is the only one I would go to.
    Pat

5. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Ray,

I'm in eastern PA too. Make the trip to Canton, OH (about 6 hrs. drive) and spend the day with Dennis DeVault. It will be a complete education on stock fitting/making. Dennis is truly interested in making sure your stock fits you perfectly (vs. making money). One word of caution...be patient. Shoot the tri-stock for as long as it takes to get perfection. I worked with Dennis for months (at no extra charge) shooting the tri-stock and making adjustments. It was well worth the time and effort.

K-EIGHTY

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just got my doubles gun back. Feels & swings great. Now gotta learn how to shoot doubles. By the way the finished wood is much lighter than the bondo try stock.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.