1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

God Bless Wayne Mayes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claybreaker808, Jun 10, 2013.

1. claybreaker808

claybreaker808 Member

All clay target shooters lost a friend with the passing of Wayne Mayes. The NSSA placed the announcement this morning:

http://www.nssa-nsca.org/index.php/2013/06/wayne-mayes-succumbs-to-injuries/

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Old Wayno will surely be missed. I was fortunate to have met him, be a student of his, beat him in some shoot-offs, lose to him in a bunch of shoot-offs, and most of all - call him a friend!

Wayne Mayes was a true gentleman and a competitor! By watching him perform, he showed you the art of graceful winning and losing. If Wayne won, he didn't go gloat to the crowd. He went to the trunk of his car, wiped down his Kolar or 303, and enjoyed the moment to himself. Never did he boast, strut around, or act better than you. He just won and was ready to win again.

Another side of Wayne was losing. When he lost, he never blamed a slow pull, the wind, the shell, nothing - he just blamed himself. In 2006 @ the Bluff City Open Skeet Shoot in Memphis, TN - I was in a shoot-off for 12 gauge Gun Championship. I was in this shoot-off with Wayne Mayes and others. Wayne dropped fairly quickly in the shoot-off round, and I ended up coming out as Gun Champ. Guess who the first person was to come up and congratulate me? Yes, Wayne Mayes. He was that kind of Man.

As many of us have shooting memories of him, please remember the people at this time who have more than shooting memories of him - remember the people who loved him and the people he loved. Remember Linda, his kids, Todd Bender, and others.

Matt Woodson

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Nice write up Matt. I for one am glad he is nor suffering any longer. God Bless him