1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

God Bless our policemen and women!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by powderburn, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi all,
    We just lost a good officer here in Indianapolis. His name is Dvid Moore. His dad was a policeman, and his mom is still on active duty. A great man, dad, and wonderful policeman. I didn't know this guy personally, but his mom and dad gave a press conference after his death that was absolutely heart wrenching. I had tears. They have harvested his organs so that he will live on in others. My dad was a city policeman in Marion, Indiana back in the 50's-1976. He taught my brother and me how to handle firearms and how to fish and hunt and when to get up from a euchre table whn the cards go cold. He walked the beat and everyone on his beat knew him. He once drove a drunk to jail and had him lay across the hood of the cr b/c he didn't want him puking all over a freshly cleaned out car. Different time. Dealt with the 60's race riots and fire bombing. Never had a scanner radio at home cause he said, "I get tired of hearing that shit at work, don't need it at home." I love you dad. Keep officer Moore's family in your thoughts in the upcoming days. I don't know how they made it through that press conf. without falling apart. Cops. God Bless 'em all.
    -powderburn

2. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Amen to that!

3. porky

porky TS Member

Anyone, including police officers, who go through each day, working with and looking for the bad people and yet have the ability to maintain some sort of balanced life without going off their rocker, is a hero to me.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tough job and yes the profession is to be commended. Think where you would be without them.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. RDM

RDM TS Member

Prayers being sent out to the family....

6. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

"God Bless them All"

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

God bless the good ones!

personal experience will keep me from giving a blessing to all.

Their down fall is in their "brotherhood" mentality, sad to say.

Their job would be made easier, if the prison system were made a place you wouldn't want to be in. But most people today would consider that cruel!

8. bigk

bigk TS Member

The vast majority of police officers are good up standing citizens but this brotherhood mentality will always destroy any force. All it takes is one bad apple with an attitude and all the good work carried out by his collegues is destroyed. The police must endevor to weed out the scrap who slip through the net and deal with them accordinally.
    K

9. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Powderburn,

Thanks for the kind words and for bringing this loss to our attention. I became a police officer in Jan. 1963 and still work when the need for an interim chief comes up. I generally stay away from topics like this, particularly on this site, because of the nature of some to decry the efforts of the vast vast majority of police officers. I have hired many great police people and fired a few who didn't measure up. I have also have had the most terrible occurance of having a police officer who worked for me, shot and killed in the line of duty. To those of you who feel the need to bad mouth, even on a genuine thread like this, I have no patience. Walk a mile in a line officer's shoes before you open your mouth...period.

Jon Schorle
    Chief of Police (ret)

10. geeber

geeber Member

My nephew is a police chief in Ohio now. Earlier in his career he was on the entry team busting into drug dealers houses. I worried about him all the time. It takes a very special person to perform their job and I know I certainly wouldn't be able to do it. We just lost two officers here in Florida Monday. My prayers go out to them and my respect goes out to all of those who serve. Gary B.

11. Steve A.

Steve A. Member

And you should have seen the nasty, hateful arrogance of the P.O.S. murderer in front of the news camera when they led him to/from the court room. Would have loved to have seen another 'Jack Ruby' emerge from the sidelines. An absolutely worthless individual that should have never been out of the penal system.......................

12. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Amen Steve A.,

I hope this asshole gets the needle and has an especially crappy place in Hell...

And with the beating that the IMPD has taken over the past couple years... A couple crooked IMPD cops....... busted by IMPD cops...... some drunk driving IMPD cops..... arrested by IMPD cops.......... the asshole shoots an IMPD cop in the face and the asshole is subsequently taken into IMPD custody without a scratch on him....

Now that says something about IMPD Officers....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.