1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

God Bless Mike Campbell - Viet Nam Navy Seal

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I get 10 to 12 weekly Patriot Guard notices for riding and/or standing on line for active and veteran US Soldiers in Alabama, Georgia and North Florida who have passed on. Today I received a notice for Mike Campbell who was a Viet Nam Navy Seal and died of cancer on May 9th, homeless in Birmingham Alabama. He became estranged from his family during the seventies traveling around the US then settling in Birmingham and only recently reunited with 2 of his Sisters. None of his family will attend Mike's funeral so the Patriot Guard will act as his family. This is unfortunately a very sad, sad situation and also unfortunately a common situation today with us older veterans. I won't be able to ride so I ask that my fellow TS.com Brothers and Sisters say a little prayer for Michael Campbell, US Navy Seal and Viet Nam Veteran. Thank you

blade819.... John Granacki, North GA

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

John,

So true is the situation sad, and a continuous problem that won't go away.

There will always be Veterans either still here, or past that can't be forgotten.

I know there was a recent post about the treatment of returning Veterans from Vietnam. I know that most did not care to be recognized, or welcomed home after all these years. It simply does not matter anymore, some said. They all still have "Brothers". Some have passed and some have just faded away. To all I salute you, even though I never had to worry about a war during my fighting age. So I really do not know what war truely is like. I never pass up an opportunity to say to a known Vietnam Veteran, or any Veteran for that matter, "Thank you for your Service", and shake their hand. To the Vietnam Veterans I with all sincerity will say, "WELCOME HOME". God Bless to you all. Jon

3. blade819

Thank you Jon. There are some who don't give a damn believe it or not. I'm proud of my service and what I gave which was very little in compasrison to others. Vet's are my number 1 concern and I try to help whenever possible. I wish evryone in this country felt the same.

blade819

4. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

May God rest his soul. Its such a shame that things like this happen in this great country.Joe

5. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

Thank you, John! And may God Bless Mike Campbell.

Bob M.

6. blade819

Thanks for everyone's Private Messages. There are a number of veteran organizations that desperately need help. DAV, Intrepid and my favorite, Wounded Warriors. I encourage everyone to contribute to these or others not named by me. What you pay for a round or two of trap would help. The budget recently passed in the House slashes Veteran Benefits to the point of affecting over 160,000 Veterans presently receiving medical help. If I had my way I would slash the Defense budget and increase the vet's budget ten fold.

blade819

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Thanks for posting Blade, it's a shame that no one cared about a true hero

And you're a good man for helping the vets as you do, we also try to help them out, when ever I go to the VA for an appointment I go by the Hostess thrift store and buy an enormous amount of their day old snacks and take to the retirement home side of the hospital, for when they have bingo, the old guys love them

One of the dieticians tried to make us stop doing it as it wasn't healthy, but the director was on our side and said WTF difference does it make, it makes the vets happy

But we did start getting some sugar free snacks too so everybody could have some, it only costs $50-60 bucks a time, but the smiles on their faces when they see me coming with the goodies is priceless, and the stuff is still a week away from expiration date, and none of it lasts for more than a few hours, well some of the guys sneak them back to their rooms

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

God Bless is family. May he rest in peace. This country owes him a debt for his faithful service!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mike campbell vietnam