1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GO # 20!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I got home from the Iowa State shoot in time to watch the last 20 laps. Way to go #20.

I have a big #20 orange sticker on my hard hat. LOL I get teased some but most know that Tony is the greatest all around driver there is.

Bill

2. Bob M

Bob M Member

I think he and Harvick enjoyed beating on each other at the end. Great finish. I pull for Kevin, but my 6 year old is a big Tony Stewart fan. I hope neither of them get in trouble for the post race incidents, Kevin's doughnut on Tony's right side door and Tony's dropping the 'BS' bomb on the air. NASCAR will probably each of them $25,000 though.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

It could cost Tony a little more than $! Little E got a few points deducted after his words a couple of years ago after winning Talledaga!

ec90t

4. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

$10,000 and 100 points! I hope, He needs to learn to keep his trap shut.Notice how I made this a trap thread?

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Fined $25,000.00 and 25 points for driver and 25 points for owner!

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

For once, NASCAR is being consistant. Little E was handed the same penalties a couple of years ago.

ec90t

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with Tony's driving but.....I was watching Animal House the other night, and thought that John Belushi and Tony Stewart looked very much alike, especially when Tony still had the extra weight on him.

8. BMC

BMC Member

From Nascar.com

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR announced Tuesday that Tony Stewart has been fined $25,000 and penalized 25 Nextel Cup Series driver championship points, as a result of using inappropriate language during a post-race televised interview following his victory Sunday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Stewart, driver of the No. 20 Chevrolet, retains his fifth-place standing in the series points, with his total points reduced to 2,599.

Stewart violated Section 12-4-A of the series rule book (actions detrimental to stock car racing) by using the inappropriate language.

"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands who pull for me every week and take all the [expletive] from everybody else," Stewart said to an ESPN reporter as he began to walk away.

The curse spoiled ESPN's return to NASCAR. Stewart is feuding with the network, which criticized him two weeks ago for saying he was going to drink a case of beer to celebrate his July 15 win in Chicago.

An ESPN analyst said later that Stewart was not a good role model, and Stewart has been reluctant to do interviews with its announcers. He participated in the post-race interview at the finish line, but it ended after he used the expletive.

He later criticized the network when asked if he would be celebrating the Indy win with another case of beer.

"I don't want anybody from ESPN talking about how irresponsible I am, even though it's legal to do everything I did," he said. "Heaven forbid you actually have fun in life."

In addition, Stewart's car owner, Joe Gibbs, has been penalized 25 car owner championship points because of the infraction.

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Then explain why Kyle Petty didn't get fined for dropping the F bomb on TV from his car during the Sonoma race. He was an in-car commentator for that race, so he knew that he was on t.v.

Parity? I think not.

I just became a Tony Stewart fan.

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Blizzard,

I missed that one about Kyle. Apparently everyone else did as well, because I never heard a word about it. NASCAR must have selective hearing!

ec90t

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

They must, because I was watching, paused, re-wound, and played it back a few times. It was right at the beginning of the race when he got spun.

Nascar did acknowledge that it happened, and then they blamed it on the network not having an adequate delay. NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL BULLSH*T!!!!!!!!!

12. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Yeah I never heard that one either!

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Big Al removed his stupid comment apparently

14. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

I really hate Tony Stewart. One of the best drivers around...yes...but also one of the worst whiners.

He cant even get along with his own teammates...guess it sucks for the fat one to play second fiddle to Hamlin.

Wonder how hard Home Depot will come down on Tony for his expletive...I know they have been unhappy with his language used on his radio show.

...in other nascar news...anyone heard about Kasey Kahne taking over the #8 car next year?

Not sure how i feel about that as Kasey is my boy and I really like Evernham. Though I'm thinking he would fair much better outside of the Dodge.

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

"guess it sucks for the fat one to play second fiddle to Hamlin"- rev

And just how, may I ask, is Tony playing second fiddle to Hamlin?

16. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

only in that he's been getting his ass kicked by him all year. I know Tony is far from out of it...but Hamlin is the future of Gibbs...Stewart, the past.

17. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

i dont care about his personal life...thats his business. But I do like his race team. And I'll support Kasey Kahne regardless of who he races for.

hell...I dont blame him...Erin Crocker is kinda cute. She's no Danica Patrick but hey...its nascar.

18. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

To say that Tony Stewart is the "past" shows a total lack of knowledge of racing. Period. What a stupid comment. LOL!

19. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

tony wont be winning much in 10 years...hamlin will be still going strong.

duh

20. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Tony Stewart's career has already trumped Hamlin's 10 fold and will continue to do so, for at least the next 10 yrs.

You know not of what you speak. I suggest a little research before you post your next mindless retort.

Let me also add that I am not a Hamlin hater. Actually, I think that he has more fan appeal than Stewart, and a much friendlier and steadier personality to boot.

However, as a pure racer, in any form of auto racing, Stewart would and will put a hurting on Denny.

Signed: duh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.