1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gn77777777

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dbcook, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

hi gene.. you asked about the 4 gun perazzi set for over $400,000.. yes they had the set at the grand for 435,000..next in line was another for 300000& some thousand,next in line was a 4 gun set for 200000 some thousand. next in line was a 4 gun set for 185000. i guess i will have to shoot my old TM 1 & my browning special trap grade over under. i wouldn.t spend the kind of money on a trap gun that alot of these guns cost these days. i know an old boy from indianola shoots a kx 5. took his old model 12 to the iowa state shoot.broke a 199 to win his class. if & a big if at that,i were to buy a very expensive trap gun i would go to kolar & have the gun fitted to me. them high priced trap guns look to me like a good way to losa a lot of money if you buy one & don,t like it.. there was an outfit from omaha had several nice xt combo,s for sale, either unsingle or over barrel. these guns look to me like they would do anything a k-80 or silver seitz or whatever would do if you have any talent at all. i enjoy you keep adding people to your no sell list.. have a great day.dwain

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

don,t really matter one way or another if i am on his list or not. i,m not going to buy anything from him. he asked about the guns i described & i voiced my opinion on the price of trap guns.if that gets me on his list, so be it.dwain

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dwain- thanks-- I dont think they have ever sold one of those sets at the grand

I dont see anything wrong wth Dwains post

Plus -- why would I put him on the no sell list??

regards from Iowa

Gene

Dwain is right- there are still plenty of good scores shot with model 12s and of course you have all of those good scores in the record book

PS- might have been guns unlimited from Omaha or there is another one over there now

Brownings are the best value for the money- not saying they are the best but they do have all the bells and whistles -- personally I think Kriehgoffs are the best whether K80 or K32 and of course p guns are up there--

does it matter if you have the best ? whatever that is? dont think so

4. g7777777

"little" al has been drinking again

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Hey Gene,

Perazzi did sell one of the 4 gun sets. A $400,000 set sold a couple years ago.

David McMillen

6. g7777777

Dave only guys like you follow those high grade sets-- lol

The rest of us mere mortals cant comprehend such numbers==

thanks for the update--

Dave had another great year shooting

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. g7777777

lol

up for "mia" and "little" al

8. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

Does anybody have a pic of the $400,000 4 gun set? I have some buddies that don't believe it.

9. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I'll take some pictures of it as soon as my brother-in-law brings it back. He and his neighbor are duck hunting with it at the moment...should be back tomorrow.)

10. g7777777

Oh I see "little" al deleted his messages again as we all knew he would

hope "little" al learns something

I know a very well known trapshooter who as a kid and young adult used to guide hunters in VA and on the Chesapeake(sp) bay-- his name will remain undisclosed but it has been bantered about many times on here

He tells a story of some rich guy that just had purchased a highly engraved purdy- shows up late- throws it in the boat with no case and it bangs around the boat all day- beat to heck by the end of the day

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Gene, Are you sure any of your buddies believe it? Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.