1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GMV wobble trap repair?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jd6400, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jd6400

jd6400 TS Member

Got a GMV wobble trap,throws maybe 3000 targets a year at the hunt club I manage.Problem is it continuosly throwing targets.p ut in a new micro switch and adjusted and about every 6th bird it will start to throw one or 2 then stop.Could this be a push button problem? Where do I start,Thanks for any replies. Jim

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

There are two possibilities here.

First, if you stand behind the machine - on the front left corner is an electromagnet which controls the release of the targets. There is an upper arm which resembles a horizontal stop sign and beneath that the magnet which looks a bit like a target.

spray with WD-40 and clean the top of the target and the bottom of the 'stop sign.' Target debris builds up here and can cause the target throwing you describe.

Second, the control voltage for the release is 24V. There are several relays inside the control box (three or four) and the contacts can become corroded, especially if they sit un-used in a damp area. Only one controls the release circuit.

You can clean the contacts if you feel comfortable opening the relays, or you can try switching them about to see if it stops the problem - switch them out one at a time to see which one controls the release...

You can PM me if you'd like and I'll give you my phone number so you can call me - I can talk you through it.

David D

3. jd6400

jd6400 TS Member

PM sent with ???? Thanks a mill. Jim

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Don't know where you're located Jim. Shyda's or QRP should be able to help with advice or parts if needed. Should be just an adjustment as David is talking. I assume you're talking the older 400 target model. Good luck, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.