1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GMV TRAP question??????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dk, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dk

dk Member

I would like to know if someone can help me with adjusting the release time on the GMV trap. It seems that the targets are a little slower coming out of the house than if they are throwen from a Winchester hand set machine. Is there any adjustments that can be done to help this?
    David Kline

2. seitz647

seitz647 Member

Are you using canterbury release system or the button? My guess its the canterburys - J Mroczka

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is not the machine. Try a cord with button and I bet it goes away which would indicate what Seitz643 is saying. The machine has no adjustment and is conrolled electronically immediately upon breaking the circuit

4. dk

dk Member

We use the button. We have not tried any voice calls on this machine.

Any other suggestions?
    DK

5. seitz647

seitz647 Member

Check the main switch, clean the contacts - make sure push button connection to machine is secure and all connection are clean - if that doesnt do it call Shydas

6. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

My club and another club I shoot at each have GMV trap machines. Our voice call system is Outers. There is not any delay, the targets appear instantaneous upon your call.

Like stated above, there is not any adjustment for the release time of the target on the Super Stars.

You did not mention your release system, what ever you have I would look into that system. Or, if using a push button hooked direct to the machine, check all the connection points and the button itself.

Good luck.

Frank

7. maka

maka Member

I also shoot at a club with GMV's. We also use Outers voice calls with no delay. Good Luck.

8. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Is the GMV a hydraulic machine? We replaced a hydraulic control valve on our Pat Trap and it made the targets respond much quicker.

9. sub sr.

sub sr. TS Member

check the distance between the throwing arm and the brush and perhaps put in a thicker spring shim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

outers voice release trap machines