1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GMV SuperStar Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Last Wednesday we switched our GMV over to doubles with very little success.
    The rear target was not landing in the proper location and was falling off rear of machine. I can see it will be necessary to remove target rack.Something is not working properly. Anyone with experience. I guess I better get out manual.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Follow the manual and lower the brush. Or, replace the brush and adjust it to hold the target in place as the throwing arm moves the targets under the brush.

Good luck.

Frank

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Frank, I wish the answer were that simple. We sometimes have a similar problem as to what Joe Woods is explaining and we've not always been able to fix it that simply. I wish I had the answer for Joe. Does Dale Stockdale frequent this site? I think perhaps he could help. Good Luck and good shooting, Bob H.

4. highrib

highrib Member

I recently was confronted by a similar problem at Izaak Walton League of Lynchburg VA. No problem throwing singles but a lot of breakage on doubles. Turned out our issue was the coating (urethane) on top of the elevator had disappeared. This allowed the front target to slide back knocking the rear target over the stop. Shyda's sells refurbished elevators, which cured our problem. Their is also a small metal guide attached to the underside of the carousel base plate that can be bent slightly to prevent the target from falling to far to the rear. I can't see how it could get bent out of its original position but stranger things have happened.

Billy Wood

5. Bob Hawkes

Billy, Thank you very, very much. That is new information to me and we will certainly pursue it. The urethane issue would explain how the same machine would go from throwing perfect doubles for so long to having a problem all of a sudden. Naturally the singles target would not be affected because of the target stop. We have been very happy with the Star's, but that is a new problem for us with a couple of machines. We will double check the plate configuration also. Thanks again for your help Billy. Bob Hawkes

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Bob.... Billy is probably correct. I have had the small metal guide he is talking about get bent back and allowing the targets to fall too far back. It's a simple matter of bending it back into the proper position to allow the target to drop right. As for the elevator coating, I just did a set for one of our machines. I cleaned all the remaining coating off the elevator with a wire wheel, then dipped the elevator in liquid neoprene, available at our local ACE Hardware, and let it dry. Works fine. It is also imperative that the brush pack is adjusted to hold the targets firmly. With the targets set under the brush pack, the targets should not come out easily. It should take some effort to get them out by hand. None of these problems should necessitate the removal of either the carousel or the geneva plate. It also goes without saying that you need to check that the machine is clean and free from target debris....Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. Dale Stockdale

Dale Stockdale Member

The doubles rail has some height adjustments.

If you are throwing very high doubles targets, the doubles rail can be moved back towards the rear of the machine. The end of the doubles rail next to the elevators can be moved back. Simply loosen the retaining stud so that the rail can be pushed back further in the retaining post. This gives the rail a better chance to catch the rear target. (The other end will adjust with your doubles leveling knob, so there is no adjustment on that end.)

The doubles rail on the one end can be shimmed higher with a washer, the other can be adjusted with a wrench, but do what is easiest first.

Once you make these adjustments, they will not have to be changed back.

8. Bob Hawkes

Thank you for the help guys. I am sure that we can cure our problem now. Good to hear from you Dale. Thanks again for everyones input, hopefully you have helped out a couple of clubs at the same time. Bob H.

9. Bob Hawkes

Really didn't want to go there Jim. You obviously haven't been exposed to both.There is no comparison in quality of manufacture or target throwing capabilities, especially when you are talking similar monies for either one. I do believe that I have seen many people on this site asking for help for their Pat's. Very happy with the Super Star's from Dale, and the helpful input received on this thread. Thank you. Bob H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.