1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GMV Superstar question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smp005, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smp005

smp005 Member

OK - Looking for some guidance.. Has anyone had to remove the throwing arm motor off a GMV Superstar? The two wires that go thru the gearbox housing to the magnetic clutch have me baffled.. Do I have to remove the entire gear box or is there a way to just remove the motor?

Monday I'l call Rod at Shyda's if I haven't figured it our by then :)

Thanks!

Scott

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

You should be able to disconnect the two wires for the clutch - you will need to feed them through as you remove the motor. I think they splice in in one of the junction boxes.

As I recall you can unbolt the motor from the housing where the clutch is - you will end up with part of the clutch on the motor shaft, and part left inside the box.

Are you replacing the motor??

If so getting the clutch off the shaft is a pain.

I built a puller - drilled and tapped a piece of steel to line up with the two holes in the clutch face (metric threads), then tapped a central hole in the plate to allow access of a drive bolt to bear against the motor shaft.

Before using the puller use an appropriate sized socket slid over the shaft to tap the clutch a bit further onto the shaft - it is held in place by locktite and you need to break it free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.