1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GMV Superstar Problems?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by eric, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Our club has 5 GMV's and they are an excellent trap. However, GMV apparently is either not making new machines/parts or is WAY WAY behind on their orders. Does anyone know whats going on? We are looking at 3 new trap machines and may be forced to buy Pats since they are available. Anyone know whats going on?

Eric

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Eric.....Call Allen at 800.742.0425. He may have just the information you are looking for........Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. eric

We have used QRP in the past and have not been very happy with their service or attention to detail.

Eric

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Eric, We purchased ours through Dale Stockdale and could not have been happier. Try him at Stockdale's Gun Club in Iowa. I don't have the number handy right now. Good health and good shooting, Bob H.

5. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

We have been waiting since last year.

They were to be shipped in Feb 07.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Our local service company (Shyda's - near Harrisburg) told our club that GMV moved production facilities recently and is still in 'catch up' mode relative to production...

7. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

We ordered 1 from Shyda`s in the spring and was told a 10 week wait -- due mid July !!! Many calls and finaly we got a call in Oct that OURS was in and Steve installed it within the week on Oct 19th . He said many are still waiting for theirs . The wait was worth it and we didn`t want to trade off on a PAT even with no money down for a deposit . WE wouldn`t do that to them since it wasn`t their problem for the delay . Great machine .

8. eric

I talked with Dale Stockdale last night - great fellow! He said GMV shipped 30+ units last week (all sold) and expect another batch soon, again they are all sold. Dale indicated he would shoot off an e-mail to Peter at GMV and get an idea how they are doing production wise and for delivery time if something was ordered today. HOPEFULLY things will be back to normal very soon. Our club definately would like to continue with GMV's but these LONG production times make it very difficult.

Eric

9. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

dennis (nj)
    How did you work that?? We are also using Shydas!!

I did get a call from Detier (?) about 8 months ago. He said that the plant had was moved and moved back again. He also told me that most of the traps had been going to China.....

Can anyone confirm???
    What about parts? Are there a good supply?

If anyone wants my details, please email me....

10. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

Don`t know much about parts or anything but we did order this in early May so when the unit we ordered came in , Danette called ?? That was 24 weeks instead of the 10 she quoted . I made about 3 calls just to stay on top of the order . There is nothing else you can do . When they are completed they will send them . And just why would they send them to China ?????

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Because they shoot trap in china- and are shooting more and more wobble and international trap in anticipation of fielding a shooting team worthy of representing the country would be my guess

I think from day one it GMV has made the best or one of the best products on the market

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
gmv superstar problems

gmv superstar traps problems