1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GMV Superstar HELP?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have become pretty effecient at fixing problems with the superstar. However this one has me stumped. When you turn off the switch it is set up to throw a target so the arm is no longer cocked. Recently it has started machine gunning when we ( turn it off) the only way to stop it is turn it back on or shut off power??? I have had times when it would keep throwing targets while usinbg it and adjusting the Micro switch or clutcg etc have corrected this but I have never had it keep throwing targets when you turn it off before??

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Lou, I think your trouble is in the switch itself. I had the same problem and don't remember exactly what was wrong, but by taking it apart, cleaning etc; it finally worked correctly. I can't remember if it was dirt, moisture, or a loose connection. Good luck, Bob

PS. 6 minute service time isn't bad. LOL

3. cubancigar2000

Thx Bob, I suspected the switch also. I will take it apart today. Should be able to get one locally if needed

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Lou, Glad I looked back again. They are good quality switches inside the box. I'm sure it's just a cleaning or fixing a wire. Take a meter with you, just don't ask me how to use it. I'm a cement head, not an electrician :)

5. cubancigar2000

Thx Bob, yes I planned to try to fix and check it first. I also am not an electrician but we have two at the club so one will have a meter

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

The power switch actually controls two different power sources - one is the 110v supply, the other is the low voltage (24v I think) which controls the electromagnet that stops the arm.

If the switch has shorted (is it in wet conditions?) it could easily short to turn on the 110v while NOT turning on the low voltage (which is generated from the 110v via a transformer).

Hit the switch with WD-40 or the like - and a hair dryer if it's been wet...

The switch is an odd one - I am sure you could find a replacement at a really good electrical supply outfit, but I would suspect the 'normal' suppliers would have to order it if they can get it at all.

If all else fails giver Shyda's a call - I suspect they would have the switch in stock.

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.