Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GMV Super Star

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Joe Woods 
#1 ·
Working on GMV Super Star. In an effort to set for doubles, Having trouble with right hand bird, outer bird breaking as it comes onto elevator.
Any ideas what to check for.
I thought I would remove carosel and clean up machine first.

Joe Woods/Ontario

#4 ·
Joe:

There are a total of 10 each O rings. The four small wheels (visible on the outside of the turret) have 2 each. The two large wheels (under the turret and only accessable by removing the turret) have one O ring each. If any of the wheels aren't turning freely, target breakage can happen. Note: If you pull the turret, be sure to lubricate the large wheels while you're in there.

I'm not sure how a problem with the brush would break targets as they go on to the elevator. We've had an occasional problem when a chunk of target would get into the elevator mechanism. However, the elevators all linked and operate together. If that was your problem, it would very likely break both targets.

sissy

#7 ·
There is a pressure plunger ? that rides against the elevator that must be lubricated with a light grease . Ours was stopping it from going up all the way up to receive the targets so they would drop down and 1 or 2 would break every time . Rod Shyda went over it with me over the phone and that was our solution .

#8 ·
Yep, had that problem also.

I second what everyone else mentioned. We had the same problem and it took us a while to figure it out. Did all of the above and also checked and adjusted the outside retaining wheels, also replaced the inside retaining wheels and springs. No matter what we did the rear wheel would stick after a few hours use. Completely cleaned the area and wheel but the center hole was very rough and we thought it was collecting dirt. Replace all o-rings and the machine works fine, usually.

The 2nd thing we did was to only fill the machine 3/4's full. When we did this we would never get a broken target. We finally blamed it on the targets. They were rough handled in the shipping and we had many, many broken targets. Out of 7 pallets I figure we lost 2 in total. A lot of the targets had hairline cracks in them and would break as the inside retaining wheel applied pressure to it to keep it in place. We've since found a new transport company. 8>)

A. Bassan

#9 ·
Joe, In the past we have seen, stuck elevator, fairly obvious; O rings slightly worn, difficult to ascertain but problem gone when you replaced them; brush adjustment, depending on target manufacture. You did not mention the targets you are throwing. It can make a difference from our experience. Other than the occasional doubles problem, they are a great machine. Good luck and please let us know what your problem turned out to be. Bob

#10 ·
Inner O-rings were demo-d by hungry mice, I have just replaced them with new o-rings from Shyda's.About to check out all suggestions this weekend.I already had a run in with the nylon finger which guides the elevator.
Because the finger has a spring behind it I orginally thought it floated.
It floats no more. It had come loose and was blocking the elevator on occassion.

Thankyou

Joe Woods/Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.