1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gmv machines

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WHIZZ, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHIZZ

WHIZZ TS Member

has anyone had electrical component failure on gmv throwers, in the limit switch,clutch,electric magnet, or? wayne sawyer in montana

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Wayne... We have 3 GMV Superstar machines installed at our club here in Fortuna, Ca, and we just purchased a 4th one I have to install. We have had the 3 in our traps for well over 3 years, and to date, have never had an electrical problem of any kind with any of them. They are like the energizer bunny....They just keep on going without any problems at all. These traps are very reliable, and throw excellent targets....Just our experience.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

2 superstars, both 4 yrs. old. No problems at all. Ours are in Western NY, and are on the top of a very big hill. The houses are in good shape, however I'm sure that some moisture gets wind driven through the smallest of openings. The houses also have to be completely dug out due to snowfall on occasion. I would say that GMVs' are very durable machines.

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

WE had three in Great Falls that were ok......but did have one in particular that we ended up buying a new motor for.....kinda spendy if my mind serves me. We also had one that the clutch was too tight on and we had to put a fan in the trap house when it got hot so it would run. We finally ended up selling the 4 to Missoula. They have all GMV's and we have all Pats. Helena has all pats also.

Rickyd

5. pairaway

pairaway TS Member

We had problems with our GMV machines. We had defective relay swithches in both of them. The machines would windmill. Replaced the relays and everything worked. Sort of disappointed that they were shipped that way.
    Bill

6. rhino1

rhino1 TS Member

We have 19 skeet, wobble trap GMV/Beomat machines ranging from 5-20 years old. What type of issues are you having?
    Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.