1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GMV Elevator repair **Fixed!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seitz647, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seitz647

seitz647 Member

if its stuck push back the metal bar and the elevator will move freely - happens in cold weather sometimes

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Don't trash the old one - not sure of your parts source, but Shydas takes the old ones, strips the rubber coating and re-coats them, then uses them as repar units.

You could send them your old one, have it re-covered and have a ready spare on hand.

David D

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Are you sure that it is not just an adjutment, nothing to wear out on the elevator

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I routinely re-dip ours in liquid neoprene, available at any hardware store. This is an item that is often overlooked when maintaining your GMV, and is one that is pretty important in preventing target breakage, especially when throwing doubles off these traps.... Just our experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

That spring loaded bar that rides against the rear elevator is the worst POS design I have ever seen. The older Super stars did not have them at all and the newer ones routinely bounce out over the elevator locking both elevators down and causing broken birds when they drop all the way to the plate. What was this POS addition supposed to cure anybody know. My best guess is that they are supposed to stop the flex in the lift assembly and keep the wheel on the front of the assembly on the cam but I would think a flanged wheel would do as well without the added problems caused by the spring bar assembly.

--- Chip King ---

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Seabees can do!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.