1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GM/UAW JOBS BANK

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Tks Pat...

2. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

I believe the UAW is a great union for the autoworkers. I’m in a union that represents public employees and thought that I receive a very fair benefits package. But if I’m laid off I won’t receive 85% of my pay only state unemployment for six months, someone has to pay for this and maybe it’s the people buying the cars? Or maybe the bean counters are cutting costs and quality during assembly? Anyway the good ole days are gone forever, I really feel bad for our children and grandchildren, greed has destroyed the America we all knew and loved.

Domenic

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I don't think anyone wants to see American Industry fail but they do not want to bail out an industry that has been and will continue to be mismanaged for many decades in the past and will probably continue into the future unless there is a total revamping of the industrial management and a regulatory system put into play ... The business practices of the dealers who sell the American Industrys vehicles are like Shark tanks and take total advantage of the buying public every chance they get ... The Big shots in the Auto Industry were asked if they intended on giving up such add on benefits as "Private Corporate Jets" and none of them said they would so who in the hell are they ..? If they fail there will be a new set of guidelines and regulations that will probably make them better in the long run and if not they should be eleiminated from the business sector all together ...The American people deserve more than they get from the Big 3 auto makers and its time for the Big 3 to cough up and give the public what they are due when it comes to value, quality, dependabilty, craftmanship and the list goes on and on ... Its strange that none of the competetion is in need of a bail out and they employ Americans also in plants right here in America ... They get paid a respectable wage and they are able to support their familys which is just exactly what a job is supposed to provide in the way of securiity and satisfaction for a persons future ... Let the Big 3 fail, reorganize them and get it right this time ... They need to hire some of the top executives from the other companys like Toyota, Hyundai, and so on to get them back on track and make them competitive, dump all of the Clowns who have run them into the ground ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have recieved several E Mails from people who obviously want me to read letters from a Ford Executive which is truly meaningless because they would never say that the product that they make are junk or garbage and that they need the money ... The absolute proof is in the pudding not in a letter to the American public professing how great the crap they build is and the trying to back it up with a referal to J.D.Power and Associates ... The vehicles I but are what I have faith in and gives me the most for my car buying dollar and is based on my experience not a letter from some Clown from Ford Motor Company, General Motors, or Chrysler Corporation ... J.D.Power and Associates test the cars for a limited period of time and write reports based on that, a short testing period not 3, 4, 5 or more years of use with many miles rolled up on the odometer ... I have found that almost all cars, trucks, SUV's and the like are pretty much nice when you first get them (NEW) but they do not last long without major repairs to some degree ... Buy what you want, I'll do the same with my money (key word: MY) and it more than likely will not be one of the Big 3 made in Mexico or Canada (American Made) ... 10 years, 100,000 mile warranty at no additional cost and I probably won't ever have to use it besides, works for me ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. shadow

shadow Active Member

Couldnt agree more with you Bill. Except, we drive a couple of Ford products that have proven more than satisfactory for our needs. LONG ago I decided to never buy another brand new vehicle for as long as I live. Too many great deals are available on lightly used cars/trucks to waste money by having to eat the first year depreciation.

ANY company that cant make it the way our economy has been for the last several years NEEDS to close up shop before the real hard times hit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.