1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GM screws the hand that saved it..

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 8 Straight, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

Check out this video from YouTube telling how GM is bailing out on the American public, after public tax money was used to bail them out under the Obama stimulus package. It the link didn' show up, cut and paste http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

If the government was in charge of the Sahara there would be a sand shortage within a week!!

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Now that is mildly amusing sirmissalott!!!

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I've posted many, many times warning you guys about the evils of GM. I drove GM continuously for 30+ years before they took the bailout and commited what -- before the federal government's collusion to change the law for them -- was an actual crime. They stabbed their own bondholders in the back and reneged on them. Understand that this isn't like stockholders losing money after consciously deciding to take a risk -- this is little old ladies and other Americans who made personal loans to GM with the understanding that these loans were secured by first claim on GM's assets if anything ever went wrong. I had three GMs in my driveway when that unprecidented crime against America took place, and I dumped all three within months. I also posted how I've been in Shanghai and seen the Buick plant and countless Buick vehicles surrounding me in a traffic jam -- more Buicks and more capital investment than you will ever see GM make in this country. Funded in part with your tax dollars. Nobody under my roof will ever drive a GM as long as I'm breathing.

Thankfully the idiots who partnered with the devil and bought GM stock at $34+ when it came out have gotten their asses handed to them while the rest of the market increased. That's called karma and justice.

The other thing I've explained is that GM stole your money and fixed almost nothing about their sh!tty business model and policy of bonuses for abject failure. So they will inevitably go bankrupt AGAIN. Hopefully the stockholders will lose every penny. Will you let them rob you again when that happens?

-Gary

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

While on a mission trip to Ecuador I was amazed at the number of GM products. They were anywhere from the fifties to new. It blew my mind to see a 50 chevy that was in showroom condition on the streets. Now after GM was bailed out they are putting in several new plants including two in China. There's no way I would buy a new Chevy. I would love to have a 55 convertible though. LOL Jackie B.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself Gary. I too was a diehard Chevy guy. In fact years ago I got in heated arguments defending GM against my Ford loving friends. Now, I wouldn't wipe my butt with a GM.

7. mobear

mobear Member

I was a diehard chevy man, and still am for racing purposes, but I wouldn't take one of the cars they build now if you gave it to me!

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Sickening. Welfare Motors

9. deadendout

deadendout TS Member

I too used to be a staunch gm supporter. I had GMC trucks and pontiac cars. No more. I chose Ford for my last 3 purchases. I respect their not taking bailout money and rewarded them with over 100000 dollars worth of purchases.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

GM has been a sh!t company for a long time. But it took the meltdown + bailout, to show us just how much so.

11. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Does anyone see something between the lines here?

Could it be possible that our government was planning this shift of GM to China all along?

I don't have any facts, so I'll speculate a bit.

What if GM was given up as the royal sacrifice, to satisfy some of the interest on our loans from them, and to quench their thirst for "all things western"? It does seem they have a love for the larger more expensive western cars.

What if their changing of upper management was to put in the players to make this possible.

I can't see this being just a "smart financial decision for the good of the shareholders", yet it does seem that large ticket items can flow into the US from China easier and cheaper than we can export to them!

I still believe Washington is a marionette circus, with foreign interests pulling the strings. ( Maybe Egypt, now since Obama seems afraid of them )

I don't think we working class people will ever find out all this administration has done to sell out the American public, and overthrow our Constitution " Without firing a shot"

Nor paranoid, just curious!!

My $.02

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm not a conspiracy person but the fact is that when the government swooped in to legalize crime, fleece GM bondholders and trade union favors for votes, they immediately drove out the CEO and replaced him with Ed Whitacre, who knew as much about the auto industry as Obama knows about skeet shooting. Whitacre came from the telecommunications industry and did absolutely nothing while at GM except keep his mouth shut and let the government dictate everything. After 18 months of keeping his mouth shut like a good little boy he left town with 9 Million dollars. Well, actually he didn't "leave town" because he had never even bothered coming to town. In fact he never moved his residence to within 1000 miles of GM headquarters.

Sound a little fishy?

You just shut your mouth, pay your taxes and buy GM. You know -- like a typical idiot.

-Gary

13. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Backing up ctreays posting.

General Motors is planning a new RWD V8 to be a 2014 model named the SS.

It will be imported from GM Holden division in Australia where it will be built.

It includes;

6.2 liter small block engine used in the 2013 Corvette. (378 c.i. displacement.)

415 h.p. (Obviously down-tuned from Corvette specs.)

6 speed automatic with manual shifters mounted on the steering wheel. (Push-button shiffting?)

4 doors.

Price to be announced

Estimated first year volume 8000-10000 units.

Allegedly fills the Pontiac G8 void.

The race car version of this vehicle will make its debut during the Daytona 500 on February 24th.

I have seen pictures of this car and it has no outstanding styling features. It is designed in "jelly-bean" fashion like so many others to reduce wind drag. It has a low COG.

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, Government Motors gives the taxpayers they robbed a few crumbs just to keep the dummies confused.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.