1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GM now China Motors??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by porky, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porky

porky TS Member

IS GM becoming China Motors? The GM states in this video clip that 70% of all GM cars are made outside of the U.S. Listen to the video of the GM video and the GM CEO says how pleased he is with what is happening.

www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

2. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

P3at,

Unless American workers are willing to work for $10-$12 a DAY, not hour, that will never happen and it's all the "unions fault."

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Somewhat of a different perspective how many good paying American jobs have been created by Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Mercedes Benz, etc..by locating (non union) facilities in the USA?

4. oz

oz Active Member

The labor is cheaper in those countries BUT the price of those cars is the same! WTF

5. The Stive

The Stive Member

SirMissalot. I agree. Not enough is said about these other fine Auto
    companies that built plants here and hired Americans. John

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If companies treated their employees better then the union would be a lot less relevant

7. porky

porky TS Member

Calvin, there is a lot of truth in what you are saying. I ask myself if the corporations want the American workers to be the same as the Chinese workers. Work for little or no pay as in the prison or slave camps. I think with their mentality that it could be.

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

We should have a policy of

"If you want to sell it here ... then you must build it here!"

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I wonder if this means the voice command will answer questions with "Ah-So" instead of yes???? Hey at least the car will be able to find the best Chinese carry-outs ; )

10. Westie

Westie Member

Agree with Ahab.

11. Redbone311

Redbone311 TS Member

Absolutely! We all have to get back to that. If it is not made here we will not buy it here. And no more bailouts, ever, period.

12. Wolf172

Wolf172 Member

Just outta curiosity how many here are willing to get rid of their Perazzis, Kreigoffs, Brownings, etc and start shooting Remingtons, Winchesters, Mossbergs, etc...for the sole reason they are "made here"? I shoot a Rem 1100. Not so much cuz its made in the USA (if it even is) but because its what I could afford at the time. Anyone?

13. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

General Motor has been in Canada in one form or another since about 1901. The Buick brand originated here as McLaughlin Buick before they became part of GM. Just thought you should know.

Ron Burr

Alberta

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

How about bananas? We don't grow or produce them in this country, can we still have one on our breakfast cereal? Chocolate? What about oil?

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

OK, let me explain this again. It's not just about GM pouring money into China.

It's the fact that they:

1) Colluded with the U.S. Federal Government to stab their own bondholders in the back (an actual crime, had it not been orchestrated by the Obama administration).

2) Went on welfare while using much of the taxpayers' money to pay off the unions who created much of the problem in the first place.

3) Filed for bankruptcy exactly like Romney said they needed to do, EXCEPT they didn't re-negotiate obligations with the unions (as would have automatically been done had the Federal Government not been in on the crime).

4) Never fixed the problems that caused them to fail in the first place and passed out bonuses while lying about having paid back the welfare money.

5) Paid $9-Million to a fake CEO, Ed Whitacre, to shut up and look the other way while all this Obama-sanctioned criminal activity was going on. Whitacre let Obama nationalize the company, took his hush money and boogied, having never even moved to Michigan.

So what did you do when this travesty went on right under your nose? I drove GM for 30 straight years and had three in my driveway the day they stabbed America in the back. I sold them all and nobody under my roof will ever own one again. College students will be studying this fleecing of Americans a hundred years from now.

When GM collapses again, which they certainly will since they never fixed anything, the fools who bought new GM stock will get exactly what they deserve.

-Gary

PS: I've seen more GMs on the streets of Shanghai than I ever saw while in Detroit. Buicks are everywhere over there, because, yes, that's where GM chose to invest (including some of the money they stole from you while you had your finger up your, uh, nose).

16. Wolf172

Wolf172 Member

Very well explained Gary.

17. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Gary, good thread. I was a bond holder loser. Last new GM
    product I will guy.

Doyal

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Sorry your government shafted you, Doyal. As a GM bondholder who suffered the consequences and knows what happened, did I say anything that was't 100% accurate?

-Gary

19. oz

oz Active Member

and the volts that nobody wants because they blow up and cost too much. odumbo has the military buying them. Probably for twice what they are worth.

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Good point, Oz. Auto industry experts estimate that GM has lost over $40K on every Volt sold. That's what happens when the government let's a company raid the public coffers instead of fixing it's problems, and most of the citizenry is too dumbed down to do anything about it.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.