1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GM May Still Go Bankrupt!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

After the U.S. taxpayer throws BILLIONS into GM,,,,they say today that they may still go bankrupt,,,,they should have said this months ago and saved us some money,,,,

Then the UAW is having a convention in sunny Florida and Bimbo biden is speaking to them,,,,but the media is not allowed,,,,since they got some of the bailout money,,,,shouldn't we as taxpayers know what is going ON???????

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Bigdog.....your name and complaint have been noted and recorded.....if you see a big black sedan pull up, go out the back door FAST....

3. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Can we have our money back????????? Roger

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My position has been from long ago to let them go bankrupt, then they can get rid of the union. They will never make it until they do

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

GM needs to go BK. It is its only hope.

6. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I don't think any of this has an end. We are in so deep we keep throwing good money after bad hoping things will turn around. While we do that we are telling the productive people that their taxes are getting ready to go up. The takers are happy though. Polls show they still believe in Obama. You can buy power from the population. Chavez, Obama's mentor does it. We have gone over the hump we all knew was coming. Those with their hands out are now the majority.

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I completely agree with cubancigar.

Tim

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

GM is not going to go bankrupt in the conventional sense. GM has NO HOPE of getting the amount of bankruptcy financing they need in the normal credit markets. The government will have to finance it. More, and more, and more cash infusions from Obama's "team"...to save the UAW.

They're just a ward of the state now. Nothing to see here...keep moving folks. If you bought any GM stock at $2, in hopes of it going up to $12 in a couple years and making you a big score...forget it now. Wait until it reaches a local maximum around $2.50...and dump it.

This company, as we know it, is over.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

GM should of been left out of the bailout money and just let them go under ... They make a piece of junk and do not deserve to be in business anymore based on their business standards and practices ... The more money they give G M the more they (we) are going to lose when its all over ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

The UAW has a very sweet spot in the heart of the Democratic party.

IMO the government will provide whatever funding is necessary to keep all three members of the "big three" afloat.

Given the interwoven nature of the supply chain that provides the "big three" with component parts, along with much of the foreign manufactures, all three have to be viable.

The real issue is will the "big three" ever be able to sell enough cars and trucks to be viable. They will need help from their foreign operations.

The "big three" really hurt themselves years ago when the American public determined that the foreign nameplates were a better buy in terms of total cost of ownersip and overall quality.

It may be that the quality of the new "big three" products is on par with the foreign manufacturers but the perception remains.

For the record, I have owned Ramblers (1), Plymouths (2), Chevys(3) , Oldsmobiles (3), Fords (3) a Volkswagen and a MG built Mini-Cooper. Only the Volkswagen was low maintenance.

I now drive a Toyota Trundra. I love the dependability, quite ride and overall quality of the product. For 93,000 miles there have been no problems. We bought our daughter an '08 Camry and I will soon buy my wife a Camry or Highlander. I would also love to have a new Toyota FJ Crusier but I can afford only one new car at a time.

Ed Ward

11. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Managed bankruptcy was not on the table or even an option they'd consider until this week. Let'em go backrupt and take Chrysler along for the ride. That'll keep at least 2 dependants away from the goverment pay window. (and guess what, we the taxpayer will be listed in there also. NO PAYBACK FOR US)
    Goverment ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS makes the wrong decision every time without exception!!!! We're just slow FN learners. Recon' we'll ever figure it out?

12. Steven

Steven TS Member

Have a 2007 Cadillac Esclade 16 minor problem, they repaired 3 item and said others will not be covered. WTF!!! Stoped lease payments until fixed!! Truck have been at dealers for 4 weeks. GM has no money to pay dealers for repairs????

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Double auto, take a look at the Ford Escape. My wife drives one and we liked it more than a RAV. More room.

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

GM's legacy costs will not go away and all we're doing is paying benefits and pensions for retired autoworkers with our bailout money. The same treatment afforded Beth.Steel is the best alternative. It's obvious demand for autos can be met by the remaining companies. Let them go under!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.