1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GM discount

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by white rattler, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white rattler

white rattler Member

Mike look hard at the Ford line of trucks you can't go wrong. Trevor Dawe.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Mike:

If you're foolish enough to reward failure by buying a GM product why not pay the sticker price? That will help the taxpayers get back some of the $50 Billion Congress stole from us to fund GM's welfare and prop up their fake "all-electric" car.

-Gary

(former loyal GM driver for 30 years)

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

It's starting again....

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

When did it end....

5. warren

warren Member

Why would you give your money to people that virtually wiped out all their bond holders to whom they had promised to pay and were loaned money in good faith, took a handout from the taxpayer and then lied about paying it back.

warren

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Warren: You're right -- backstabbing their bondholders was an abomination and GMs assets should have been liquidated. But Congress made it all legal and put it on the backs of the taxpayers. Congress thinks the taxpayers are short on brains and memory. As Mike clearly demonstrates, they are often correct.

-Gary

7. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Maybe he's like me, knows a good truck. I was a Ford man for many yrs. got 3 lemons in a row, went to G.M. in 1971 had better service from them, bought a Ford again in 2004, BIG MISTAKE, still got it but when (if--I'm 70) I trade again it will be a Chevy. Unfortunately both sons also tried Fords about the same time, both got rid them ASAP. G.M. is still the best value for my $$$. Ross Puls

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes Ross, you are correct -- buying from a company that stabbed its bondholders in the back, went on welfare, and lied in TV commercials claiming to have paid it all back early, all the while pouring tens of billions of dollars into China (where its sales now exceeds those in the U.S.) was definitely the best value for your $$$. Good investment in accountability and protecting America's future too.

Brilliant decision, LOL.

-Gary

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Another cool factoid is that GM had four different CEOs in 18 months, which conveniently kept the waters of accountability muddy as the government socialized the former proud American institution known as General Motors. One of them was Ed Whitacre, a man who was paid millions of dollars for the roughly five minutes he "ran" General Motors. Whitacre was so dedicated to his job that he never moved his residence, nor did he ever live within 1200 miles of GM headquarters.

Whitacre who, when the 21st century began, was CEO of SBC Communications / AT&T (a "Technology Company" by the way), did not believe in email or use a computer (even at work). Could Whitacre have been a shill for the government as they perpetrated one of the biggest taxpayer flim-flams in American history? No, no -- hell no.

Mike and Ross are right -- the thinking man/woman definitely buys GM. That's clearly the smart move.

-Gary

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

GM is dead to me, and it doesn't matter how good their product is, because there are PLENTY of other good products out there now.

GM? Never again.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

But why won't you buy GM, Buzz-Gun? Why? If you would please reconsider and buy a GM you might save a nickel on the initial purchase. What else are you going to do, go out and reward Ford just because they operated like a real business and didn't stab America in the back? Don't you like companies that steal American taxpayer's dollars and use it to fuel operations in China? It's people like you who are ruining this country. Shame on you and your ilk.

-Gary

12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

What is there to replace the Suburban or Yukon XL?

13. notarget

notarget TS Member

GM vehicles are probably as good as most and I currently have one. However, as a bondholder whose money was stolen, I am not likely to be able to buy another and would not if I could.

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

notarget, why are you so selfish? Do you not understand that the money "stolen" from you went to the greater good? People in Shanghai need cars and GM auto jobs too, you know. After all, there are about 20 million people in that city alone and they benefitted greatly from the money which just happened to be "yours," as you put it. We are a global community now, so get a sense of humanity and start thinking about others for a change. Share your wealth and stop complaining. If you can't stand the Hope and Change, get out of Communist kitchen. Traitor.

-Gary

15. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

problem is that the discount has shrunk to almost nothing and it only saves about 500 bucks or so. not like the old days

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It's not about saving money, it's about supporting our President and his car company.

-Gary

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

GW22,

I really am a selfish cad...I will reconsider.

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Buzz: Good, and buy some GM stock too. It's your duty as an American. Besides, GM's CEO of the month needs a huge bonus now that everyone has long forgotten the crimes.

-Gary

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

Nah...on second thought, F_ck it. I hope they rot.

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Buzz-Gun, you make a very convincing argument. I think I'm gonna pull my head out of my ass and adopt that same philosophy.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.