1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glued on Recoil Pads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1moreround, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

What is the easiest method of removing the pads on Perazzis. Why do they not just use screws like all other makers?? Thank you...Ernie

2. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

A good sharp thick blade 6" putty knife and a good rap with a hammer where the pad meets the wood.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

As I remember, use some heavy fishing line as a hacksaw, working between the pad and the wood.....

4. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Any more ideas

5. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Being the chainsaw is dull, I'll give it a try with a knife....thanks guys for the help...Ernie

6. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I have used fishing line with great success.I first take a very thin rigid blade and start it between the pad and the stock on the toe end of the pad creating a very thin gap for the fishing line where there once was glue. Then insert the line in the gap and pull with two hands towards the heel. Worked for me with little effort and no damage to wood or pad. JRM

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

First thing you'll want to do is take an X-Acto knife and carefully scribe a line all the way around the pad where the black bakelite meets the wood. This helps to keep the finish from pulling off further up on the wood.

Next, try to get the scribe line deep enough that it is at the black bakelite.

I place the pad in a gun vice and "bend" the stock to increase this separation line. I use an eyedropper and drip lacquer thinner into the crack. They use a lacquer soluable contact cement.

Take your time and it will simply pull off with the aid of the thinner.

I have done many, many Perazzi stocks this way. The pad is also reuseable.

Whiz

8. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

And WHY don't THEY just use screws, like everyone else? Just to Piss you off !
    Screws do come loose though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.