1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glue Spacer to Stock or Pad??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke100, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke100

smoke100 TS Member

My LOP seemed a little short on my bunker gun so I had a spacer added the last time a new pad was installed to achieve the correct LOP. The gunsmith glued the spacer to the pad but I've been thinking it might be better to have the spacer glued semi-permanently to the stock so I don't need a new one each time I have a Gooey installed - which is fairly often. That seems like a better way to go as it also would allow using a black silicone RTV sealant/adhesive between the stock and spacer to get a smoother joint and better appearance. I'd appreciate any thoughts from those that have "been there, done that" regarding where to glue the spacer and the use of the RTV sealant.

Thanks--

2. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

3. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

I have done this 2 ways. 1st I have ground a spacer to fit and then ground recoil pad used 2 long screws to mount them both to stock. ( didn't like this method spacer shifted , looked bad after spaced shifted)
    2nd I glued/apoxy spacer to recoil pad and grind them both together.
    This way there is no shifting of spacer or recoil pad. This way looks better on my opinion can barely see a line between recoil pad and spacer. It just looks like a extra thick recoil pad.

Jason in PA

4. ccridr

ccridr Member

If you glue a piece of sand paper to one side of the spacer, it will stay in place.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

the aluminum spacer on my Ljutic is help in place by tiny brads and then by the pad crews...never had a problem with it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to get glue off a spacer