1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glock Torture Test

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've made posts critical about some aspects of the Glock, particularly that they are designed for new ammo and jacketed bullets only (no reloads and no lead bullets). And I personally do not care for the safety setup.<br>
    <br>
    As for reliability, they've gotten better over the years. Glock has had "upgrade programs" to address various issues, like frame cracking, etc.<br>
    <br>
    Despite this, there is no denying they are reliable. So in the interest of fairness, check out the Glock torture test at the link.

2. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

That is a classic post Brian. bigbore is the guy in Ohio that does all my AR15 barrel work.

3. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

The only time my G19 goes bang is when I pull the trigger. The safety works fine for me :)

Acctually, my Glock has the same safety as all new S&W pistols.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

When seconds count and the Cops are only minutes away, make mine a GLOCK ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've had a number of years of being skeptical about the Glock but from '02 through '05, I had an assignment that had me packing an issued G 23 on a daily basis. There is a bit of learning curve with them but I had to admit it was certainly one of the most reliable and easy to maintain of any previous choice. With considerable self imposed training, I've been known to tote the 1911 around cocked and locked and had very little concern with the Glock safety set up....breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I've owned a Glock 23C for quite a few years. I knew they were tough but his Glock test makes me glad I have mine for CC. Thanks Brian for a great article...Bill

7. BARTMAN

BARTMAN TS Member

glocks have always been awsome. Had mine since 1992

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I use the Glock for duty, and training, exclusively. They are so simple, a Trapshooter can maintain and shoot it. LOL

9. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Bill1949,

A glock is a great choice for carry but go out at night and shoot your c. The compensation is on the top and the flash will temporarily blind you for the second shot. I have competed in several night tactical shoots and have seen several folks change their mind on any compensated models after a couple rounds.

10. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Thanks Brian.

11. 50-140

50-140 TS Member

I have a Glock bought in 1980. The frame cracked. Glock replaced the lower half but now the serial numbers do not match the top half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.