1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glock Sales Skyrocket....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

i tried searching for those 33 round mags and not many places have them in stock now....should had bought a box full of them Monday morning

3. Brian in Oregon

Moot point for me. I don't have a Glock.

But somewhere in the garage is a 25 round P226 mag. Only I no longer have a P226.

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I sold my 9mm handgun....I wanted something with more bang rather than a peashooter so I went with a Glock 20 in 10mm....friggin thing is like a hand cannon....I recently acquired a Ruger 41. mag Redhawk.....I don't think i'll ever go back to the 9mm peashooter guns

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Give me a peashooter any day,,,,just remember more have been killed by the peashooter than by your cannons,,,,just ask our wonderful troops....

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

of course more have been killed by a 9mm than 10mm or 41.mag....because 9mm is standard issue sidearm round for NATO for how many years??,,,duh!! your point is?

7. Brian in Oregon

While I agree that bigger is better when it comes to putting holes in things, a compact 9mm beats the .41 Magnum you had to leave at home because it was too big to carry concealed on a hot day.

8. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I would carry a 10mm or 41 mag when hiking, certainly not a 9mm....

for me, I would carry a revolver for a concealed weapon, .38 HP, where allowed, is perefectly adequate and fine for self defense...

9. Brian in Oregon

When hiking I'm not as concerned with printing through. So the 9mm stays home.

10. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

My carry is a 13 shot Beretta .380. My intimidator is a custom hard chromed engraved 5-shot Ruger Super Blackhawk .50 AE. A sight to see!

11. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Why carry a 9mm when you can carry a .40 S&W.

Jim Skeel

12. shelly

shelly TS Member

Different people have different preferences. Only liberals try to limit people's preferences.

Anybody who calls the 9mm a "peashooter" won't mind if I shoot them with the tiny little thing, will they? Any volunteers..................

13. Brian in Oregon

"Why carry a 9mm when you can carry a .40 S&W."

Because at the time no one made a .40 as small as my Walther P5 Compact.

14. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

I'll take my 1911a over all those cap guns-- 45 ACP.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy Holehouse.

15. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

10mm makes a real nice all-round gun. Not quite big enough to bring down a bear. But beats a 45auto and a 9mm any day. About the most fun handgun I have to shoot. Colt Delta elite. Jim

16. Brian in Oregon

Jim, I have a stainless Colt 10mm Delta Gold Cup. Very accurate. Hard hitting. Installed a 24 lb spring, a full length guide rod, and a Shok Buf to keep the slide from battering the frame. Didn't like the straight backstap, so I replaced it with an arched A1 style soft backstrap from Pachmayr. Recoil is significantly less than a Glock 20, and is more accurate. It's also faster to shoot than a Glock 20 because recovery to the next shot is quicker.

17. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

shelly:

who said anyone was NOT going to get hurt or killed by a 9mm? You need to reread the thread....and go to a gunrange and fire a big bore handgun compared to a 9mm...ever wonder why LE agencies dropped the 9mm?? Hmmmmmm.....

18. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The military will eventually drop it also. Soldiers are less than overwhelmed with its performance......they want their 45ACP's back....and some have already done so.

Those of us that still have our memory, know that the 9mm, was not introduced because of it's superiority over other cartridges.

19. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

"Soldiers are less than overwhelmed with its performance"

Not neccessarily true.. atleast not in my recent experiences in the military. Most that I've talked to like the reliability and safety features of the m9. Plus, in a firefight, 15 shots fired and one hit with a 9mm is better than 7 misses with a 45.

20. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

As a former MP I carried the 1911, 45acp, I now carry the Springfield Armory XD(M) 45acp. 45acp then and now will knock em down, ammo is cheap and plentiful,unlike the 10mm, and accuracy is superb.Federal Hydra Shock 230gr JHP Personal Defense Loads will put em in the dirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.