1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glock Handguns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by melie, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melie

melie Guest

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Glock 17 -- 40 CAL? Same size as the 9mm. I carried it for 20 years and bet my life on it. Back up was the smaller 27. Simple and functional and light weight. Fred

3. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Move up! Get a Smith & Wesson M&P.

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

My 34 is my bedside gun with an attached light. The 22 and 35 will use the same mags I believe as my 17 & 34 does. The larger model 35/34 is nice to shoot, the trigger is lighter as it is considered the target model.

5. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Forgot to add I just bought 2 more Glocks last week. I know there are many other great handguns but these are my favorites. My other reason is I have the 17/34 mags as extras everywhere if needed because they fit all my other Glock's 17, 19, 26 and 34.......that makes life easier knowing I always have loaded mags around if needed....the original's stay in the gun for the flush fit. The high cap mags are already in huge demand thanks to asshole that we got two weeks ago.

6. Loyac

Loyac Member

Jim... I own a 22 and a 23. If you're getting it for carry or home protection, go for the 23. It's hard to beat. But if you're into various shooting disciplines, the 35 is a great gun. John

7. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Before I moved to the God forsaken state of IL, I carried a Glock 23...How I miss KY! The 23 will accept a smaller mag for carry (10rnds) and a 15 round mag for plinking or whatever.

Forrest

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

XD(m)9mm or Sub-Compact. XD(m)9mm holds 20 rounds, sub-compact holds 17. Love them both. Best of all... a lifetime warranty. Have had my carry 9mm for 4 months and have over 1500 rounds through it without a single hiccup. Eats anything I put through it. Gold Dots for PD.

Just picked this up Saturday, 300 rounds through it and love it. Match grade barrel, 3 changeable back straps and a sweet trigger. 9mm comes with 2-19 round clips, speed loader, holster, and double clip pouch. There is a promotion going on until January 31, you send in for another double pouch and 2 more 19 round clips, free.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view&current=022ddeaf.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

My carry... came with 2 clips, 1-16 and 1-10 round, speed loader, holster and double clip pouch.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view&current=HPIM1606Large.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

9. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

35 for the better trigger pull and other extra features. jm

10. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

The 35 is there competition model great gun I use mine for shooting USPSA and IDPA matches. The 22 is there standard size gun better for carry but not as good as a model 23 compact model.

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

My carry gun Glock 23. I had it for over 10 years.

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

For a combination of carry and house gun, the 23 is hard to beat. The 35 is BIG. The lighter trigger on the 35 is not an advantage in a panic. You will have the strength of three grown men, but the coordination of a three year old child.

The 27 is a hand full, and is more likely to stop on you in a panic situation.

The smaller the auto, the more propensity it has to produce a stoppage, usually from poor grip.

The 23 is like a $50 hammer. Hard to tear up, hits the nail very hard if you do your part. Use ONLY factory mags. Remove the warning tape before the mags are used.

Practice with your Glock. Find a Trainer who is familiar with Glock specific training. This gun has tremendous tactical advantages, with features found in few if any other sidearm. It may be the easiest sidearm to operate in reduced or no light conditions. THIS IS WHEN YOU WILL NEED THE FIREARM.

The load of choice is the Remington Golden Sabre, 165 gr. It is the equal of the 357 mag revolver with a bigger bullet. :^)

My personal preference is the Hi Viz Front sight (see pic), standard rear, and ALWAYS have a good flashlight with you or within reach.

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Coach, you're a little high and to the right, eh? Not much, but?<;-)

14. biff

biff Active Member

John, how does a Glock compare with a Sig? Biff

15. Shooting Coach

Dear BDodd

I was sighting the pistol through the camera.

Dear Biff

I used the Sig P226 as my primary training sidearm for years until I took a P.O.S.T. Reduced Light Instructor Course at the Virginia Law Enforcement Training Academy. The two different trigger pulls and the decocker seemed to require a lot of extra hard drive in the dark when using a flashlight, in a purposely stressful environment.

I was very familiar with the Sig. However, the Advanced Operator Class made me aware of the fact that much less experienced folks were breezing through the course with the Glock. There were ten Glocks, two Sigs, and the Instructor's hand tuned 1911.

Reducing induced double feed stoppages was much quicker with the Glock. I will say that in over 12,000 rounds fired, the class's Glocks and Sigs had ZERO stoppages except for those we induced. The Instructor's 1911 had one Failure to feed.

I feel more relaxed with the Glock, and more unconciously competent with it. After a shakedown cruise to learn its many advantages and features, it simply takes less conscious thought to manipulate the Glock. Also, every accessory known to man is available for the Glock.

In a Lethal Confrontation, or even a high speed training exercise, you will be operating on your Reactive Brain (Autopilot).

After five decades and several million rounds through various sidearms, I have decided the Glock is the simplest stock, unmodified handgun to operate, clear and reload when on autopilot.

With proper training, ammo, and maintenance, it is virtually trouble free.

16. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

I love my 22, got a Lone Wolf barrel in .357 SIG, and I like it more...Grubby

17. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

I can remember when coach was an adamant glock basher. What happened to ya coach, did you get away from Buford? LOL

18. WGB

WGB Member

The 35 would be the #1 choice if you plan on shooting IDPA or any of the sports, the 22 if you want to carry it and have a nice .40 for all around use.

19. biff

biff Active Member

Thanks John. I'm not comfortable with my 21 and have never been in any of the training programs like you were talking about. I had just heard several friends extoll the Sigs but never had a chance to actually compare. I'll probably trade it to a wheel gun or something simple I can operate, but I appreciate your comparison. Biff

20. Shooting Coach

Dear Lead Man

Going through two Law Enforcement Training Academies, one Law Enforcement Training Camp, along with hundreds of hours and thousands of rounds in Instructor training helped me see the light. I found out on my own what works TODAY.

The camp above allowed me to train under four of the best Defensive Firearms Trainers in the world. Miller, Kurata, Hoffner, and Tueller are legends in their own time.

I will just say that the person mentioned by you is in the twilight of his career, unwilling to update, and is preparing to retire.

I am going to the next level of training and fitness so I may continue to train and demonstrate fresh, court defensible techniques.

Training young athletes to shoot Clay targets is my (unpaid) passion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.