1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glock conversion kits 9MM/ .22

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.P.T., Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Advantage Arms Glock conversion kits for going from a 9MM to a .22 ... Seems like it would be a great way to get in a lot of target practice at reduced cost ... I have been looking and about ready to pull the trigger on the kit, like to know the pros and cons if possible ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Thanks for the PM's and all of the information, I'm going to buy it and see for myself based on all of the good responses ... Thanks Again... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

I was thinking about buying a conversion kit for the berretta 92 FS, and i was telling a friend...he looks at me and says, why spend $150.00-$200.00
    Bucks on a conversion when you can just buy a damned 22?

I have never considered buying a conversion kit once the obvious was pointed out to me.

4. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

SL900LOADER - There is something to be said for inexpensive practice with the same grip angle, trigger pull, and controls that you'd use for more serious work. This is the beauty of conversions. They do not "replace" the Ruger Mks, Buckmarks, S&W 41s. You get both.

The AA kits are the way to go. Stay away from Ciener.

5. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Ciener is good quality - I have owned a Ciener 1911 conversion kit since the mid-90's and have shot thousands of rounds thru it to practice action shooting. The only downside to Ciener is his gruff attitude and he cannot be reached by phone. His magazines are pricey too. All in all Ciener has terrific stuff.

6. ouch

ouch Member

I've had two, One for the short .40cal and have one now for my model 22.
    They are a great kit.

I've always liked this idea for training. And have a .22 / 1911, Sig 220 / .22 and the Glock / Advantage arms. Richard

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I ordered the Advantage Arms kit, with an extra magazine for $289.00 with free shipping ... Thanks for all of the information ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've been down the .22LR conversion kit road with my .45ACP 1911s and heartily recommend the Advantage Arms kit. I even had a Kimber kit on a Kimber frame and it delivered a 74% failure rate with Kimber's recommended ammo after three trips back to Kimber, two on my frame, and then being replaced with a new one. And Ciener - try calling them and listen to their answering machine greeting (you will NOT speak with a human being) if you want to hear the ultimate in arrogance. I bought one of their kits three years ago and it wouldn't return to battery. Their "greeting" states that your call will not be returned because their "all-encompassing" (their descriptive) website answers any question you may have. I couldn't find anything there about failing to return to battery so instead of possibly suggesting something that would have rendered the kit operable and saving a customer, he ate it as a return to MidwayUSA.

Conversion kits are a lot of inexpensive fun to shoot and mine is accurate. A bullseye team member at one of the clubs I belong to shot 10 rounds with mine and said it could be competitive in their league. And try buying a quality .22LR handgun for the cost of a kit. S&W 41s are pushing a grand, a High Standard Supermatic Trophy or Victor in good condition will set you back $700 or $800 and a pre-MIM, pre-lock S&W Model 17 or 617 revolver is a $500+ proposition.

Ed

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got a lot of feed back and based on the information I got, I ordered the Advantage Arms kit, seems everyone who has them likes it the best so thats good enough for me ... I will have it a few days, can't wait to try it out ... Again, thanks to all for the info ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Tactical Solutions is a partner in the new Scholastic Pistol Program (SPP) that is branching out from the SCTP.

They offer several different .22LR conversions for Glock 17 and 34 pistols and also for 1911's.

www.tacticalsol.com/

Personally don't have one (yet) but they are supporting our kids.

SW

11. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have the Advantage Arms .22 conversion for my Glock 23; highly recommend it. It differs from most other conversions in that the slide locks open after the last shot. My Kimber (for 1911) and Sig (for 228/229) conversions do not do that. Chichay

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got the Advantage Arms conversion kit (9MM/.22LR) Friday, tested it Saturday and only had 1 hiccup (didn't eject, sounded weak) but was easy to clear, very little recoil ... The kit is a winner and is about as simple as can be to make the switch over and back again ... Thanks to all for the information, appreciate it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

I guess i was a bit turned off because the kits i found for the 92fs would work but your safety wouldnt work and so on, i do understand why you would want to shoot the same gun, but
    i guess i just need an excuse to buy more guns!

14. Salt

Salt Member

I have a Advantage Arms conversion kit for one of my glock 45's and it works like a charm. I only shoot CCI mini mag 22lr through it and have never had a problem. I like it and would recommend it.

Larry Santine

15. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

The Advantage Arms kit is great.

Stick with the ammo recommendations and you'll be happy.

Gene in Illinois

16. quartering

quartering Active Member

if you called advantage to get some info first, you spoke to that girl who answers the phone and tries to answer questions but doesn't really know all that much. and she won't let you speak to someone who does. anyway, i ordered a 2011 target conversion for an sti last summer. true, i dropped about 500 bucks on a .22 conversion for a $2000 gun, but it's the gun i want to shoot, not a ruger mark II! first, it's my limited competition gun that fits in the same holster and does all that i want it to (draws, safes, sights, feels, pulls, slide drops, mag drops, balances, etc.), just in .22. the mags drop freely: you can practice el presidente's all day long. the conversion is amazingly accurate: you can shoot clay targets at 100 feet all day long. it runs on cheap ammo: remington hi velocity is cheap, clean, accurate, reliable and locks the slide back after the last shot. the wide body mags are 45 bucks each; kind of pricey for a 10 round mag at first, but i'm over it now. and the best kept secret that the owners manual doesn't mention: if the mags fail to seat easily upon insertion or if you have any failure to extract, tighten the guide rod. the whole thing is held together by and functions properly by the snugness of the guide rod: it needs to be lock-tited into position to keep it from working loose under fire. other than that, i think this is the best deal, most fun, most satisfying and best functioning, feature for feature like a full bore, conversion out there. good luck with it

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I actually asked for and got a lot of feed back from the people on TS.Com, I based my decision to buy The Advantage Arms conversion kit on that feed back and I am not sorry that I did ... I have had 1 hic cup in over 700 rounds, the thing is so accurate its amazing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.