1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glock 27 for CCW

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FIB, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I have the opportunity to buy a LN 3rd Gen. Glock 27 with night sights. The pistol only comes with one magazine and it has the Pierce finger extension (no box, etc...)I was told it was a PO's gun. The "wierd" thing about the gun is it appears to have had the Cominolli external thumb safety added. I see this as both a plus and minus. The job appears to be well done but it does detract from being an original Glock. The price is $ 399.00 (which I think is pretty good). Thoughts/opinions?????

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

The extra level of safety should not be a deterrent. Had a second gen 27 but recoil was somewhat objectionable. Don't misunderstand, I am quite proficient with a handgun and am not recoil sensitive. My belief is that if you are going to trust your well being to a gun you need to shoot it regularly and often, the 27 just wasn't any fun. My current concealed carry is a Sprinfield Micro 1911 45 and I love it. $400.00 sounds like a fair price.

Robert

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Why not pay a little more for an original gun? I would not pay over $325 for this one, it will be a boat anchor to sell.

For carry, the little beast is hard to beat. Yes, it kicks, but it is a powerhouse.

Very accurate and reliable, unless the added safety gets accidentally applied. The Forty is my favorite caliber. I have 4 Glock 40's. 22, 23, 24, and 35. I enjoy them all. The 24 is the best shooter, but the 35 has the OD frame, which I like. The 22 is my house gun, and the 23 is my daily carry gun.

4. Anthony.L

Anthony.L Member

The Glock 27 makes a great CCW, I carry mine daily. However I would not carry a used gun that has been molested. This gun is to protect your life, it should be brand new from the factory and stay unmolested so it operates every time you need it!

New Glock 27 w/ two magazines is $499, I say do that.

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Carried a Glock 23 for 25 years. Prefer the larger size. Had a Glock 27 as my back up with the thumb extension [cut down the torque]. Simply would not trust a modified gun with my life. Don't get cheap when the emergency comes. You don't need an extra safety. If you do, buy another make of gun with a standard thumb sweep safety. Fred

6. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I too thought the aftermarket safety might/will affect the resaleability of it. I may have a GS just remove it and bring it back to original condition (minus the dremel cut on the side of the frame where the safety is/was). I could see the external safety being a plus for some people who are leary of a firearm without one (I know the Glock's safety is in t he trigger but you know what I mean). I also thought the price with the night sights was good.

7. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

If you want an unmolested G27, I happen to have 1 for sale. It comes with 2 mags and the original box. It was a Police Officers off duty gun and has been fired less than 200 rds. $365 + shipping to your FFL. I carry a G27 as my off duty gun and have for about 6 yrs. I love it!

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

The aftermarket safety is probably a Cominolli which is a well respected gunsmith, he has put them on for many LE organizations that realize a pistol ought to have a real safety.

9. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Glock 27's are .40 caliber; the magazine holds nine rounds. Larger capacity magazines from the Glock 23 and 22 work fine. Glock 26's are 9mm.

Massad Ayoob recommends the Cominolli safety, if you need/want a safety on a Glock.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

A competent person does not need a cobbled safety switch. An idiot is unsafe with a firearm regardless of how many safeties it may have. The Glock has THREE, does not need four.

BTW, $365 for that 27 sounds like a great deal. Wholesale is generally $440.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.