1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Global Warming???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KenC, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenC

KenC Member

Hey, Al said "The science IS IN!" We gotta listen to him don't we. After all, he did invent the internet.

Well, I got a flash for you Al; the State of Colorado just reported the 3rd coldest January on record.

Not .5 degrees colder than average, not 2 degrees colder than average , but a whopping 4.25 degrees colder than the average January! This year's and last year's Decembers were colder than their averages also.

Since Thanksgiving I've shoveled about 4 or 5 inches of GLOBAL WARMING every week! We got over a foot on Christmas day! And I'm not even at 6,000 feet! What do you think about that Mr. Nobel laureate!

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I watched a history channel Global Warming program, and it had some real stuff. Watch the level of the sea water world wide.

I have heard Antartica was colder than usual and NOrth pole warmer.

This one had Antartica melting.

Go figure.

Halfmile

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Something is not right.Just getting ready to order orange trees to plant here in IL.
    So far this has been an #ss kicking winter.Suppose to get 6 to 10 inches more snow Tues. and Wed.

The Farmers almanac is off to.So who knows?

Bo

4. quicky

quicky Member

Read the book "Unstoppable Global Warming" for the scientific skinny on GW. It denotes the fact that CO2 is not a GW causal agent. The earth is warming, as it has every 1500 years for the last two million years. All provable. mankind has nothing to do with it. OBTW, Algore has made over $100,000,000 since beginning his GW crusade. Quicky 3604522

5. old tex

old tex TS Member

Jimmy
    Is it snowing in Borger today?

6. KenC

KenC Member

"The [junk] science is in." He made $100 million?! No wonder he doesn't want to be President anymore.

I shoveled another inch of GLOBAL WARMING this morning after 3 inches yesterday.

Re quicky's post: I read sort of the same thing but I can't remember exactly where but it said that the earth has been cooling and warming and cooling and warming since WAY before mankind ever became industrialized.

7. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

What you don't understand KenC is that when we have colder winter months we also have hotter summer months. The average mean temperature doesn't really change much and the heat will make up for the colder spots we are currently experiencing. Don't you think that an additional 4 to 5 degree temp in the summer months will melt any additional snow the colder months dropped on the 14ers of Colorado? I do know that in the colder times we are having I can add long-johns and another sweatshirt and make it in the work that I do outside. When it comes to taking off all my clothes in the summer to get through the heat at work those that I work with and am around frown on it:) I hope that the global warming scientists are all wrong and we aren't loosing cubic miles of ice cover off Iceland and the Antartic as well as the Artic continents. I for one would love to give my grandchildren the exact same kind of environmental problems to deal with as I have had at my age. Maybe be then (this would be about 60 years) we as a species will have learned how to control the environment a little easier. Dan

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Axial wobble causes the seasons. If you reduce it The temperate zones will have less temperature extremes but the tropics will be hotter and the arctic zones colder.

It's entirely possible the rainfall distribution would become drastically changed due to jet stream moderation.

Don't mess with mother nature.

HM

9. tomk2

tomk2 Member

HM-

Axial wobble does not cause the seasons. The Earth's axis of rotation does not "wobble" on a yearly basis. It is instead inclined 23.5 degrees off the perpendicular to the earth's orbit around the sun, so that the relative angle of the sun to a spot on the earth changes as the earth orbits the sun during a year. As the earth rotates around the sun during a year, there are times when your hemisphere is inclined away from the sun (winter) and towards the sun (summer). The equinox is when both hemispheres are neither inclined towards or away relative to the sun. The solstice is when the earth is is such a place in its orbit that the hemisphere is at its maximum 23.5 degrees inclination relative to the sun. On a globe, you will see three named East-west lines near the equator: The equator = 0 degrees, the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn, each about 23.5 degrees above and below the equator. The portions of the globe between these lines mark the places on the globe that the sun reaches a point directly over head at some point in the year. Naturally, nearer the poles you have the arctic cirles, about 23.5 degrees below the poles, which delineate the regions where at some point in the earth's trip around the sun the sun does not get above the horizon. Thinking that the earth swings actively towards the sun, then actively away from the sun is what makes all those people try to stand up eggs during the soltice, as that is supposedly the time when the earth is neither wobbling away from or towards the sun, which is of course a completely false urban myth about both the wobble and the eggs.

However, the earths axis of rotation does "wobble" over many thousands of years, and the phenomenon is called precession. Think of those spinning tops when you were a kid. Not only did the top spin rapidly, but it also slowly wobbled as well. Thus, about 13000 years in the earth's future it will be summer in Chicago at Christmas, because the earth will have "precessed" to a point that it is inclined towards the sun in December instead of away from it. No word from the ATA if they intend to change the dates of THE GRAND to accomodate precession.

10. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

The state of ILL-i-noise is going to tax homeowners for their carbon foot print on houses 3000 square feet and over. So GW must be true.

Arnie

11. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Yada Yada Yada, Gore will continue to be the new Messiah to many, or Tom Cruise (insert major rolleyes here).

I watch the weather most nights, once again (as it is about 70% of the time) the record temp recorded on this date was in the mid-late 19-teens, today was 1918 at 79 degrees. Our high today, 53.

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Name me one climatologist that blames man for global warming. The only ones that say that crap are getting government money to study global warming.

And McCain wants to tax oil and other co2 polluting energy forms to to pay to reduce the co2's. The man wants to tax the people more than any liberal but then again he as liberal as any damacrap.

I think he talks with Kennedy too much because the real republican conservatives won't talk to him at all.

Lord help us.

Rock

Jim

13. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

We are also melting the polar ice caps on mars with our carbon dioxide emissions

14. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

We've experienced temperatures as low as -35 below zero and I just shoveled 20 inches of snow earlier this week! If that is a sign of Global warming they can keep it!

Rick

15. bocephus

bocephus Member

I sure hope the sheople wake up soon, this is not about saving the planet from us terrible humans. It is about control, control of our actions 24/7 and control of our wallets. It is a shame most sheoples' memories only go back a few months when it comes to what our government officials say and do to us, especially this year when we are about to elect a fullblown anti-freedom anti-gun liberal to be President.

Before we accept all the blame for this global warming farce they need to cap all the volcanos from erupting and the volcanic vents worldwide that spew CO2 into the atmosphere continuously at a rate higher than mankind is capable of in all our lifetimes. Now we find out that in the Bermuda triangle the culprit for all the mishaps may be huge methane releases (another EVIL greenhouse gas thought to only come from cows chewing their cud) from the ocean floor, how are the sheople responsible for these natural occurances?

I wonder if everyone knows that the places where temperatures are taken that they use to scare us into believing are usually stations set up on asphalt or concrete? I would say the temps at those locations would always be higher than the surrounding area or your backyard.

When the sheople get their yearly shearing this time have the wool trimmed where it is covering the eyes.

It's all about our money and control of our very existence.

Have a nice day :)

16. quicky

quicky Member

I just watched a great movie on global warming called "The Great Global Warming Swindle." What a great movie! Lays to waste the entire concept of anthropogenic (man-caused) global warming. A must watch for true believers and their minions in the debate. CO2 has NOTHING to do with global warming! Please check it out. Quicky.

17. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Want a great movie about Global Warming, Overpopulation and Poison Atmosphere watch Soylent Green! Charleston Heston and Edward G Robinson at their best.

Rick

18. primed

primed Well-Known Member

As I see it, Big Al's invention of the internet has much to to with the proliferation of computers, each using electricity mostly generated by coal and hydrocarbon laden fuels. Therefore Global warming is Big Al's fault in large part. I think that Al should provide for the related offsetting carbon credits.

I'm old enough that they were talking about the coming of the next ice age when I was in school. Al took care of that.

Bob

19. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here ya go.

"The Sun Also Sets

By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Thursday, February 07, 2008 4:20 PM PT

Climate Change: Not every scientist is part of Al Gore's mythical "consensus." Scientists worried about a new ice age seek funding to better observe something bigger than your SUV — the sun.