1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Global Warming

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hitapair, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I would like a order a dose of global warming delivered here in Minnesota next Monday and Tuesday when the forecasted low temperatures are 17 and 18 degrees below 0 respectively. Thank you.

2. antique

antique TS Member

Contact Al Gore

3. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Please send some to Illinois too.. Maybe we can get a group buy.

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Global warming is a left wing myth. What the heck was ol GW doing in his State of The Union address last week saying that we needed to address global climate change (and in a later interview confirmed that he meant global warming). He should know better. Now we see what happens when those pesky Dems get control of congress. Next thing you know, the stupid government is going to be promoting cars that get better milage. This sucks. Jake

5. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Can you send pictures ? -- LOL--. A special, the other night, stated that this is the third time that the world has "warmed" according the layers at the north/south pole. Nothing new, other than Al wants an "OX TO GORE"...merlyn...

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've been making the same observation each evening looking at the weather map of the entire U.S. The wife tires of my making the point but I'm sure whatever is the cause of this cold time is the fault of good ol' "doubya," right?......Bob Dodd

7. newcastle

newcastle Member

winter still one of the mildest on record, Havent seen a snowmobile yet and where into February, Not an expert but we dont get the snow fall like we use too.

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Too bad you don't live here. Below zero forecast all weekend. Not to moderate until the middle of the month.

9. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

My thoughts on global warming...

How can billions of people (and all our cars and industries) not have a negative effect on the planet? And what does it hurt to try to makes some changes in the way we live that will help limit our effect on the earth?

I don't understand people using a cold weather as an arguement that global warming isn't real. Since the average temp has raised 1 degree, winter is supposed to suddenly dissappear?

Michael

10. alpine

alpine TS Member

Your thoughts on "Global Warming" are not well though out. Look at Goggle Earth or Virtual Earth satellite pictures of the USA. Pick a random spot and zoom in. Bet'ya you have to go quite a distance to see a town.

The earth as been warming for a few thousand years, and humans don't have much to do with it. One volcano eruption can contribute more greenhouse gasses than man has created since he learned to create fire. Do you know how many Volcanoes are active? I didn't think so.

11. newcastle

newcastle Member

Hay Alpine, Do you know how to use the post key ? I don't think so.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Don't give alpine a hard time for having a flinch. You'll have one too some day.

I always thought it was funny how these global warming experts, steeped in the metric/centigrade systems, always want to speak of this "overall temperature increase of nearly 1* fahrenheit". Guess a half a degree centigrade doesn't sound ominous enough?

13. jimx200

jimx200 TS Member

What happend to the Global Cooling cry of the 70's? Freaking morons and their global warming agenda. Maybe time for the lefties/libbies to talk to China and ask them to stop bringing online coal/oil fired power plants every week! Oh, and I assume Al Gore and his Hollywood celebraties have gotten rid of their cars to support their cause...Lol. And skinner,it's Hey, not Hay.

14. jimx200

jimx200 TS Member

Cold Iron, that book was an excellent read as it shined a bright light on the politics and liberal agenda behind the farce called global warming. But then, the liberal sheep have swallowed Al Gore's fiction and are beyond help.

15. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Just invite either political party to hold a caucus in Minnesota on those days. The hot air they will generate and the piles of steaming BS they will leave behind will keep the State warm like the tropics for a long time.

Mike

16. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Don’t you guys know anything? I control all the global warming. But I’m keeping it all to myself. The forecast for next week is 85 and clear. Don’t ya love global warming?

17. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I’ll predict that since fossil fuels are a finite resource we are far more likely to exhaust them before the icecaps completely melt. Besides, if democratic liberals are successful with their agendas, I’d predict a nuclear winter will resolve the whole global warming debacle. Hope temperatures warm up for you in Minnesota and elsewhere soon. No fun when it's to cold to go out and play.

Robert

18. phirel

phirel TS Member

Today I would strongly support global warming. Next August, I would not support global warming. The "Ice Age" ended in North America approximately 10,000 years ago. I support that change. President Bush must take the blame for both the total heat production by the Sun and the slight changes in the angle of the Earth to the Sun. This angle causes Winter and Summer. If we would paint all trap houses black they would absorb more heat and warm the earth. If we painted them white, more heat would be reflected. If we shoot hotter shells, we would be contributing to global warming. I do my part by only shooting 2 3/4 dram equivalent shells at singles and doubles.

Pat Ireland

19. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

i live about 35 mi. from buffalo, ny and if these yahoos are RIGHT about the weather after tomorrow, sat., i'll take a whole 55 gal. drum of global warming. they're saying it's going to be -10's to -20's for over a week!! aaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!!!!

brett d.

p.s.- don't want to hear it, otnot, you chose to live in alaska. just kidding.

20. mobear

mobear Member

G.W. talking about global warming is the best thing that can happen to this theory, since the dems say he lies about everything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.