1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Global Warming?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blizzard, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

ask al gore, he seems to know everything.

2. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

If Al would keep him mouth shut things would cool dawn.

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

Now we've gotten to the real cause of "global hot air".

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Joe,
    Anything that is bad is either not real and a liberal conspiracy or it is not happening. If the bad thing is broadly believed, then the belief is a result of a liberal conspiracy. Remember the forum you are addressing. Jake

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

It has been getting warmer since recorded history. Of that, there is no doubt. The controversy is about how much man has contributed. Every thing moves in cycles.

6. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Joe...where you been...Discovery channel just had a special about the "Little Ice Age" 1400BC - 1500BC. It drove the vikings off Iceland, and part of the North face of New Foundland. The remnants of the settlements are still there! with records! All these Scientist only tell you what you want to hear (and what keeps Fed dollars coming to their pockets). The temp and ave. are CYCLICTIC, depending on what the sunburst and other atmospheric patterns produce.

How do you think they came up with "new Records" dating back to 1870-1890. Hmmmm..... that as before humans had those darn GM's and Fords running in the quatities they are now? Don't believe everything you hear. Gore... what an egotistical, internet dumbfounding, politically incorrect ignoramous. And then..he gets Grammyfied. I'm moving to Uraguay.

7. Boxer

Boxer TS Member

The thing that really bothers me about this global warming thing is back in the late 70's early 80's I remember the scientists warning that we were going into a ice age seems to me this is about $ for them

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If Al Gore says it, it must be true. After all, he invented the Internet.

9. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Good one Boxer....Great example of Chicken Little!

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Dove Commander

I might be going with you, Uraguay is a great place with fine wing shooting, We are leaving on June 28th for my annual dove/perdiz hunt. A few weeks ago I read an article that MARS is also experancing GLOBAL warming. Seems that the sun has started putting out more heat in the last 15 years or so.....

Ronbo

11. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Until they can again farm in Greenland, as the Vikings were doing a thousand years ago, I don't buy any claim of 'global warming' outside of normal variation. And until they can show me that man caused the warmth then, I don't believe it now.

Tony

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I heard on Paul Harvey today that Mars, Saturn and even pluto were all warming. The polar ice caps on mars have been shrinking since the 1940's. that coal dust must be getting up there too.

13. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

Boxer, I believe the theory is that global warming leads to an ice age. This theory indicates global warming leads to the polar caps crumbling into the oceans. This causes the ocean temps to drop, thus creating an ice age.

14. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

My son, who just finished Med School did a research project for NASA in 2002 at Northern Arizona University, related to this subject. The bottom line is that, we (man kind) are not causing global warming nor can we do anything that will change the current trend. And to answer the question that Hey Joe might have about just what kind of background he had to come to these conclusions. He graduated Summa Cum Laude (for those that don’t know that’s the highest level, one above the more common Magnum Cum Laude). He was also a double major in Chemistry and Biology. During his 4 yrs at NAU he received awards such as the Organic Chemistry Student of the Year award, the Analytical Chemistry Student of the Year Award, the Scott Savage award for the Outstanding Chemistry Student of the Year and the Scholastic Graduate Award for the College of Arts and Science (top of graduating class). He was also a supplemental instructor for chem. 151 (freshman chem.) for two years and a lab TA for Organic Chem for 3 yrs. I think I’ll go with the conclusion that he came up with rather then the beliefs of a guy that has no scientific degree and still thinks that he invented the internet.

BTW, if you want both sides of the issue from a totally un-bias point of view, check into John Stossils two books on the subject.

15. smartass

smartass TS Member

I wasn't convince before, but tripid has convinced me that Albore is right. It's amazing how our carbon dioxide got to all those other planets. We need a bigger government to protect us from ourselves.

16. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Hey Joe, .

Either your post made absolutely no sense or I’m just not smart enough to understand it. Please elaborate.

The first question is whether so called global warming is real. Many people say yes, although about 6 month ago the coldest temperature ever recorded was reached in Antarctica. Also keep in mind that if it’s 100 today and 110 tomorrow, that’s not global warming, it just means that one day is warmer then the day before. So on a larger scale if this century is warmer then the last, you can’t really say it’s global warming unless you can show a long term pattern and if you look at the last 10 centuries it doesn’t show a major shift in climate patterns, it’s more of an ongoing trend. In fact not only is there no evidence of a sudden change paired with the onset of the things Gore Goofs claim are causing warming, it’s shows just the opposite.

But assuming that global warming is going on. The next question is, are we causing it. The most important evidence that we have to disprove that is that the claimed causes that the Gore Goof come up with don’t fit the timeline of the current trend. A few years ago ice cores were taken from both poles and it was determined that the current trend started 90 to 100 yrs ago. At that time we had no plastics, Styrofoam and compared to present time there was literally miniscule amounts of carbon based fuels being used. So if the turning point was that long ago and the so called causes were not a factor, how did we do it?

Please let me suggest that you stay off the left wing web sites for your information. I’m still not sure how the school of hard knocks gives you any insight to an extremely scientific issue like this.

BTW, the debate over global warming is fairly evenly split. The debate over the cause is not and within the scientific community the numbers of experts that feel that we’re not causing it is much greater then those that think we are. But then again you’re not hearing from them, your only hearing from non-scientist political hacks like Gore that take skewed data and use it to support their own political opinions. Try and check with a scientist for your facts not a politician with an agenda.

17. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Cd, congratulations on raising a smart son. Gosh knows how much work that kid did to get to that level. My oldest daughter is just starting a Masters program (Anthropology) and has alway worked her butt off to be at the top...mastered Latin, then fluent in French (write, read, speak), SAT scores in top 0.5%, acquired a teaching credential, a ESL certificate, and is alwasy pushing her self to learn. Oh, and the Anthropology crowd are very suspicious of Gores rant.

18. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

tomk2. I have no position on this topic. Just something I saw on the Discovery Channel. Time will tell, but it won't be in my time.

19. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Everyone seems to have mastered the first two questions, which are very important:

1. Can a trend be measured?

-and-

2. Is it attributable to man?

...but don't give the wackos a pass on question #3, which is:

3. So what?

I mean, if it happens, they're saying it will change the way man lives...but they say preventing it will require him to...(drum roll)...change the way he lives.

So, again I say...so what? Six one, half dozen another

(...and no, I don't take this very seriously...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.