1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Global Warming??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by fssberson, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Would some tree hugger explain to me and any one else living in the mid-west or the east, what ever happended to Global Warming? Fred

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Notice it's called "Global Weather Change" now, and not Global Warming.

3. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Al is out spending our money -- the butt-nugget, and laughing like hell about it. We paid for it................m

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Correction The libs have pussed out, Now it's global climate change!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy

5. shelly

shelly TS Member

I'll explain it to you. You see, the fact that it's cold really proves that the planet is getting colder. Every time you see anything, it proves the global warming theory. If it's hot it's global warming, if it's cold it's global warming, if it rains it's global warming, if it doesn't rain it's global warming, if there's a flood it's global warming, if there's a tornado it's global warming.

Got it now?

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Just one more excuse for my poor shooting... Global Warming! Fred

7. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

I could really use a good dose of global warming to melt all this snow we've got here. Where's that nit-wit Al Gore, I need help shoveling off the roof.

8. rebelpenn

rebelpenn Member

All three of the Networks have recently reported that these frigid winters are the direct result & proof of global warming.

9. rw993

rw993 Active Member

It probably is Global, the only part of the discussion that is correct!!!! Alaskan documentation of glacier activity (shrinkage) shows the current recession of ice started around 1850. How the hell did we have any effect back then?? We are going to spend ourselves into oblivion with the "we can save the world" crowd. BS, you can't stop the world from turning.

RW

10. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

-38* below zero in Glasgow, Mt this morning. Where's Al Gore when ya' need 'im??

11. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Well, can't beat Old Cowboy, low here tomorrow will only be -2 on top of what they are calling "Snowmageddon" -like maybe 2 feet of snow. Not much to those in Buffalo, or the east side of Lake Michigan, but enough to paralyze the Windy City...LOL! BTW in '74 TIME mag was saying the "Next Ice Age is Coming".

Larry

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I only hugged a tree when it was on the ground and I was putting a choker around it!!

Or when it was so big I had to, to keep from falling off as my chain saw was cutting the back side!!!

13. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Obviously so many don't understand the effects of global warming. It isn't just about getting warmer. The melting glaciers will change the ocean currents, which will change the weather patterns and temperatures of the entire world. Global warming could very well cause "Snowmageddon." We could all freeze to death as a result of Global Warming.

14. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

OOOOOHH, I get it now. So, I guess that means that Big, Bad Al Gore is going to be here in the morning, and chop ice for me, or will I have to show him how. Charlie Henderson

15. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Better buy some good Carhearts Johnny!

16. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

My golf cart does not like global warming...

Bob

bobschultz_2008_030371.jpg

17. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Seen on a T-Shirt: Al Gore did not invent the internet. He invented Global Warming.

18. neofight

neofight TS Member

It all started long ago, but not so far away when we were all one incontinent called Pangea. Megladon was cruising the oceans of the world, eating everything in sight, while in a cave near what we now call Carlsnad, two Neanderthals, one Grimph, the other Snoor were literally chilling out near the entrance to their cave,when it occured to Snoor that it would be nice to have a fire going to knock off the chill.

Of course, fire was not invented yet, so he grabbed a couple nearby progressive thinking club-wielders, rubbed their heads together and their nappy, dry hair lit up, creating the very first recorded fire.Fires became quite the avante' garde thing to have, but eventually, the carbon-based fuels, mostly cast away corn cobs and stereo speaker cabinets, created a hole in the ozone layer, allowing the sun's rays to super- heat the surface of the Earth, melting the ice caps, releasing the hordes of penned-up field mice and eventually leading to the creation of the mint julep and Klondike Bar.

Al Gore got the patent on the Klondike Bar.

19. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Speaking of Al, mash the link above to view his blog confirmation that this week's snow is a sure sign of global warming...

20. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

It was just a hoax perpetuated to suck more money out of the end user, very well thought out and executed I might add, simply brilliant.

They are going to be buying and selling things that don't exist that the utility companies will be forced to buy and will pass the cost on to us end users.

Just a vicious cycle, 1 come up with a fictitious crisis 2 position yourself financially to make money off the legislation that will be passed. 3 get government to fund research 4 get the research findings (modified if it does not sound bad enough) to support the crisis 5 get legislation passed.

It appears these idiots came up with yet another scheme and got a patent for trading a non existent item derived from the "residential" energy saved by an energy saving opportunity.

WTF? is that? Sounds like the same crap trading Fannie and Freddie pulled that ended in bailout when their last bubble burst.

Again this is only going to affect the end user as all costs will be passed on to you for installing extra metering devices on your home appliances and heating cooling equipment that can be controlled by someone other than you who decides what temperature to keep your house at and doing on site inspections to make sure said devices are working as intended. Just think of all the jobs this is going to create.

tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.