1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Global Warming Survey

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by chipped1, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

How many inches of Global Warming (snow) have fallen in your area?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All!

Chip

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

As of 12/24 the official total is 36.1 new record for Madison, Wisconsin

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

As of today, 12/25 we haven't had much snow butm the temps don't indicate any warming trend in w. Central Ill.

4. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

You guys need to get with the program... It isn't global warming.... It is "global climate change"...

Don't you all know that prior to ~1970, the temps have always been completely stable, and man is completely responsible for all of the changes to the environment..... Sheesh... Get with the program....

Just sign the Kyoto treaty, send in all your small arms, and all will be forgiven. Not sure what my Rem 1100 has to do with it, but it must be true... Al Gore has educated the RockStar Messiah President Elect....

LWL

5. IM390

IM390 Member

We have a worse problem than Al Gore's Global Warming. I've noticed in the last few weeks we are losing sunlight at an alarming rate!!! Sunlight is being lost by some sinister effect at the rate of 2 minutes a day. Must be all that gunpowder I burn every week. At that rate, we will be totally dark in the northern hemisphere by the 4th of July.
    On the good side though, we can shoot off fireworks anytime of day or night.
    Where's Al Gore when you need him????

Has anyone else taken measurements?

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Starting to get propaganda commercials to push for green jobs (maybe as phony as little green creatures from the past); imagine, go to downtown Detroit or Newark and take an old building and make it so called green (insulate, energy efficient, etc.) and what do you have? I building no business wants. We need to be moving in a direction to satisfy the needs of business not merely looking green. Also makes me sick when the kids are propagandized. I wonder how many politicians will receive money or wealth directly or indirectly as a result of the upcoming green economy. The green we should be concern with is the money wasted by the very Einsteins that are at the very least incompetent. One exception: they are not politically incompetent. Darrell

7. JCS

JCS TS Member

The current cycle of global warming started around 15,000 years ago. It was caused by the campfires of the Neanderthals and ended the last Ice age.

The same carbon monoxide emissions also wiped out the Neanderthals( well,most of them anyway.Occasionally I still see some of them attempting to park their car in the Walmart parking lot and making GEICO commercials )

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Daily temperature has been 12 - 15 degrees below the average since last Spring. That's 12 - 15, not 0.12 - 0.15 like the globalists get all exceted about.

9. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Well, we aren't supposed to get anymore Global Warming (snow) till the end of the week.

Chip

10. otnot

otnot Active Member

Well just be thankful your not in Fairbanks Alaska. They had a high yesterday of -35 and are calling for -50 at night all week. I wish global warming would hurry up it's damn cold up here in Alaska.

11. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

When I was younger I used to think the world was run by intelligent people that were knowlegeable experts in their field that had life's answers. Now that I am older and wiser I realize the world is run by fools with fewer answers than the average citizen with common sense left in his uneducated head. Economics, business, science, etc. All headed by fools without a clue. Why should weather be any different. The only exception to this is Obama. A true genius that is going to save us all. They already have commemorative plates and coins dedicated to his greatness. Our great "educated" left have put so much faith in their new messiah. He will end global warming.

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Tonites paper says 43 inches in November and another 65 inches in December it ain't getting any easier. Couple years left and maybe I can be gone south or west at least for winter. Oh by the way I am in Negaunee, Mi. National weather station here supplied the numbers. Bill

13. skeet100

skeet100 Member

50 years ago you could have bet big $$$$$ we would never be in the shi+ we are in today............cause no one would have belived it.........

we are a screwed nation.......

14. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

110 inches of Global Warming have fallen in Madison, WI in December, and yet Al Gore is still out pimping Global Warming. Yes, it's about the $$$$$$$ and nothing else.

Chip

15. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

1/2 the Bowl games should be played North of the Ohio River so everyone can see what Global Warming is like.

16. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Global Warming isn't just about temp changes, it about changes in weather padderns. A good example would be record snow fall in Wisconsin,110 inches in Madison last year! We sent a record in Wisconsin with a 52 degree day a few days ago, it rained the end of December which is very strange for Dec in Wisconsin, We had over a foot of snow that it melted, these are just more examples of what we are doing to our world! If we value our earth we should try to protect it. Once the damage is done it will take thousands of years to undo......

17. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Global warming is not as simple as the Earth's average temperature going up. The ice caps are getting warmer while the states say above the 39th parallel will be getting colder. So, the 50 inches the rockies got, double their typical amount, is so far proving that theory. Similar trends are felt in Chicago, as was stated previously Madison, and etc.
    -Trappy

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Trappy again you speak with your youth. We have had these kind of winters for years this is nothing new, actually it has gone back to the winters we had 15-20 years ago.

Shooter with no glasses: Where do you get your info?? In Michigan I have seen it rain in Dec., Jan, Feb, Mar, take your pick. I have seen it warm up enough to where idiots played golf, people rode there Harleys. Did you ever hear of the "January Thaw". I have seen a blizzard the middle of March.

Ice Cap thawing? I believe that has been going on since the beginning of time. Isn't that where ice bergs come from, I believe those have been a shipping problem for how many years.

Didn't your leader, Al Gore, also claim to have invented the Internet. When your boy Al, whose family made their money in tobacco, starts living the life he wants everybody else to live maybe people other than liberals will pay attention.

Don

You are right I experienced global warming by traveling south for 1200 miles.

19. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Looks like Shooting Glasses and Trappy have read the entire Lib manual "How Man Controls the Planet". Wait till the updated manual comes out..."How To Milk the American Economy out of Bogus Carbon Tax".

20. shot string

shot string TS Member

I personally believe it is Junk science that has made alot of people alot of money.Govermental agencies and watch dog groups will continue to promote it simply because of job creation and more importantly ...the MONEY. Graph out "global climate change patterns" and then graph out sun spot activity for the same period of time and you have patterns that more closely match each other than what is currently being offered as proof. (Same deal took place with the clean air act where industry was forced to completly change over refrigerants due to the belief of a link to ozone depletion. 10+ Years and billions of dollars later, no hole size reduction but alot of fat pockets.) Problem is with a more accurate view of global climate change is that no one can make money off the sun spot activity theory due to mans inability to control sun spot activity or volcanic activity. Thanks for the vent!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.