1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GLOBAL WARMING....Northwest Penna....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Uncle Sam, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

It's the 1st week of January up here in Northwest Penna.....It 60 degrees right now and supposed to get to 65-67 !! Same for tomorrow.....breaking 100 year old high temp. record. IS AL GORE RIGHT ???? IS THIS FOR REAL?? WILL PA. SOON BE RE-SCHEDULING THEIR STATE SHOOT(the largest in the nation) TO JAN. OR FEB.?? IS THIS HAPPENING IN MINNESOTA OR NORTH DAKOTA ?? CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH AN EXPLANATION??? HAS ANYONE GOT ANY EXTRA VALIUM??.....thank you...Uncle Sam

2. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

I think our weather is changing. This is the first time I can remember not having snow flakes before Halloween, winter has been getting here later and later the past few years (though is seems to stay longer), seems like we're not getting anywhere near the snow we used to (I remember when I was a kid we had measurable snow on the ground by Thanksgiving and it was here until the middle of March), and as much as I hate the cold I have to admit our winters are milder than they used to be.

Don't get too excited about today's temps though, it's supposed to be back in the low 30s by the end of the week!

~Michael

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

But Mike...I need to work on my handicap game and this type of weather would help !!! By the way...I want to be your first student for your Handicap clinic this summer....okay??.............Uncle Sam

4. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Low 40s in Brainerd MN yesterday.

The weather is definitely warmer. I think the only debate is whether it's a "man made" phenomenon or not.

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I remember the day my grandmothers was buried. 70 degrees in February here in Iowa. 1955.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We have had January thaws ever since I can remember. This one is about 5 or 6 days here and it's back into the deep freeze.

That white stuff coming down next week will be the sky falling, run tell Henny Penny.

HM

7. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Handicap clinic?! Did you see my score Saturday? I'm not sure what I shot, but it wasn't too hot! Take a couple months off, put on some extra clothes, and everything goes to hell. :/ I'm ready for spring.

~Michael

8. 100straight

100straight Member

I was traveling yesterday through Illinois. I had the radio on, and these two diskjockeys were commenting back and forth about how this MUST be from global warming. It was around 60 degrees in the Bloomington area. A few minutes later the local weather came on, and the weather man said the record high for the day was 70 degrees in 1907. So, what was causing global warming in 1907? Wood stoves?

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Cow farts.

HM

10. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Global warming, then maybe you can explain to the other 2/3 of the country that are experiencing a record cold winter about your brief hot spell?

I had an interesting thought last night when I was watching a show on the discovery channel with my grandson. The shows title was “Before Dinosaurs”. How they know all this stuff I don’t know, but after all they’re some of the same people that have come up with the global warming theory. The show started out talking about animals some 300 million years ago and the “GLOBAL WARMING” that all but destroyed all plant and animal life on earth. My thought was WHAT CAUSED GLOBAL WARMING BACK THEN? We weren’t here. There were no SUVs, factories, hairspray cans, styrofoam hamburger packages, nuclear waist, chemical plants, lead paint or anything else they are claiming is the problem now. Yet at the height of that “GOLBAL WARMING” temperatures were 60% higher then they are today. WHO THE HECK CAUSED THAT GLOBAL WARMING?

Another interesting fun fact I heard the other day. Since 1996 (that’s more then a decade) there has been NO CHANGE in global temperature at all. WE DID IT THANKS TO ALGORE WE’VE STOPPED GLOBAL WARMING. No wonder they gave him the Nobel Prize.

11. gspman

gspman Member

Question: Prior to the ICE AGE, do you think that people were just as worried about GLOBAL Freezing? Think about it. The Earth's climate is constantly changing. Always has and will continue to do so.

Another question: Did man cause the ICE AGE? If not, what makes anyone think that man is causing Global Warming?

gspman

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Bush and Cheney caused it if you ask the libbies.

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'm praying for some Global Warming here in soggy Willamette Valley Orygun. Sure got a fine crop of slugs, snails, moss and other fine things though. Reynauds sufferers, stay away!....Bob Dodd

14. DJM

DJM Member

Perhaps a more important question than "Is there global warming?" or "Did man create global warming?" is "Can man do anything about it?". I fear the answer is very little.

15. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Thanks Folks!! I feel much better now and I am not as worried. For a while I thought I was going to have to shoot year around in shirt sleeves. Don't think I could take it !!..........Uncle Sam, Northwest Penna.

16. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Sam,

I use to be able to shoot in short sleeves all year, but do to Global warming the last two winters have been exceptionally cold here in SW Arizona.

17. nicky

nicky Member

Uncle Sam it all started at a place called area 51. But Halfmile has a point.

Kevin

18. 2sonmike

2sonmike TS Member

It's 52 right now in Southern Az., light rain, and the wind is blowing pretty good. I'm ready for some global warming.

19. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

I'm with you Mike, bring on the Global Warming!!!!

20. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

It was 18 degrees in the Phila suburbs last week.

Sky is not falling.

its just a warm front.

No big deal.

Shoot now... its going to be freezing next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.