1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Global Warming - MY BUTT!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Big Dog Dad, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

I think if Al Gore were anywhere near me, I'd run him over with my snowblower that I've had to use for the umpteenth time this month. I am now officially done with shoveling snow. I'm tired, worn out, sore, and about as cranky as I've ever been. And of course, my wife is pointing out the places I've missed by yelling out the open window inside the house. I wonder which part of this she doesn't understand is making me short-tempered. O.K. Rant over! Just direct Al Gore to come and ring my doorbell; better yet, since he is so important, just have him barge into my house unannounced, hopefully late at night!

Mike

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

This IS global warming. It messes up the weather patterns. It is not just about getting warmer.

3. warren

warren Member

Johnny: Why is it that they say there has been no warming since 1995 that's 15 years. All you gotta do is follow the money, they talk about capitilists greed that doesn't hold a candle to the global warming advocates.

warren

4. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Johnny also needs to know that the Brokerage House that is going to sell the Polution Credits that will be created by the Cap and Trade bill, is owned by Goldman-Sachs, and Mr Gore is a share holder.

Warren is right all you need to do is follow the money!!! They are all crooks of the highest order and their sentences should be well in excess of the standard 25 to life for armed robbery. More like Death by Bonga!

Randy

5. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Johnny if you think this is global warming come to PA and shovel me out.. We have had over 5 feet yes feet of snow this month... and winter is not done yet they say we are getting another stome maybe Tuesday..and when it does melt what happens then another flood... I'm ready for nice shooting weather...

6. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

warren, like I said, it is not about just getting warmer.

100after9 , Would you say that is abnormal?

Warm air holds more moisture than cold air, it is moving up from the south. When the warm air moves in and meets cold air what happens. Snow! That is Global warming. You boys need to get yourselves educated, like me.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Johnny, Weather runs in cycles. 25 -30 year cycles based on the best scientific data issued by climatoligists that disagree with this Global warming BS. Sun spots affect weather more than anything man has ever done. The terminology was changed when Gore and his bunch of money mungers figured "Climate Change" was more arguable.

It's all about money. Even the Greenies are finally seeing the truth.

8. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

you guys are idiots and an dispute science all you like but global warming is a scientific fact the question that remains is how much of an affect do we have on it.
    -Trappy

9. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Active Member

trappy............after you have finished 1st grade..............then you can talk................now crawl back in your hole with ex gov blogo

10. Setterman

Trappy, just where are these "facts" available. Your buddies in Britain just admitted they lied and there has been no increase in temp since 1995.

11. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

The world would be better off if someone's dad had gone to the South side of Chicago and spent $20 the night he made him. (Also, his momma has much better writing skills.)

12. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

first of all I'm not a boy.... Second which ever way it stacks up this snow is getting to all of us....

13. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Trappy,

Just curious... If the science is so sound, why did the "godfather" of climate change look into getting the "data" you are referring to... Into the United Nations? Specifically referencing it would then be locked from FOI rules...

If the science is so sound, you would fly it right with the flags... Gimme a break. Even your liberal backside can't be that gullible...

LWL

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The last time there was an El Nino no one had a scam in place to take advantage of it. So it just happened, like weather always does.

Liberal brainworms are feasting again.

HM

15. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Gore could care less about global warming. He's out for his own reasons.
    -Trappy

16. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

I don't know who you are but trappy is gonna be po'd for being on his pc....

LWL

17. Setterman

Not very smart Trappy. Call everyone an idiot, and then not back up your comment with facts. Go back to www.knitting.com

18. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

The truth is no one can prove the real cause for the retreat of glaciers and the ice sheets, but to ignore it is happening is a closed eye to the scientific proof. Scientific studies on all levels done by all concerned has proven ice is melting.

There have been many ice ages and retreats since earth's existence all of which have been studied and documented many times over. However, the difference now is the speed of retreat that is happening.

Our glaciers and ice sheets are melting at a rate ten times faster than ever before in the history of our earth and that is what has scientists puzzled. They simply don't have a clue what is causing it, so Gore along with many other "Greenies" have seized the opportunity and blamed it on human intervention. They could be right or they could be wrong.

I live in Kentucky and this has been the coldest winter I can remember, but it has very little if anything to do with the overall picture of global warming.

Time will be the only way to prove the real cause.

Mark Rounds

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Trappy believes in global warming like he believes that Alexander Hamilton was one of our presidents. Even the false messiah that trappy worships admitted we cannot control nature.

20. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

Scientists have proven that for many millions of years the Earth has gone through numerous warming and cooling cycles. The idea that man had anything to do with influencing a warming cycle is a testament to mans own narcissism and arrogance. An even greater testament to this arrogance is the idea that he can do anything about it.

Can we use energy more efficiently? Sure. Should we explore and develop alternative sources of energy? Yes. But, please spare me the "doomsday" scenarios and stop trying to blow "green" smoke up my posterior. That dog don't hunt. The Earth was here many millions of years before man was here and will be here many millions of years after the last trace of man is long gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.