1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Global warming is a complete HOAX!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tumbleweed, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/11/23/climategate-2-0-...

5,000 emails released. Man made global warming is nothing but a huge hoax perpetrated on the public for political gain.

A few incriminating statement between so called "scientists".........These people make me sick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’ve been told that IPCC is above national FOI [Freedom of Information] Acts. One way to cover yourself and all those working in AR5 would be to delete all emails at the end of the process,”writes Phil Jones, a scientist working with the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), in a newly released email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Any work we have done in the past is done on the back of the research grants we get – and has to be well hidden,” Jones writes in another newly released email. “I’ve discussed this with the main funder (U.S. Dept of Energy) in the past and they are happy about not releasing the original station data.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The trick may be to decide on the main message and use that to guid[e] what’s included and what is left out” of IPCC reports, writes Jonathan Overpeck, coordinating lead author for the IPCC’s most recent climate assessment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I gave up on [Georgia Institute of Technology climate professor] Judith Curry a while ago. I don’t know what she thinks she’s doing, but its not helping the cause,” wrote Mann in another newly released email.

2. avery53

avery53 Member

Looks like they removed it, nothing comes up.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I worked in the laboratories of a major university for eight years and I can tell you scientists are for sale to the highest bidder.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Link was too long.

You will need to copy and paste

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/11/23/climategate-2-0-new-e-mails-rock-the-global-warming-debate/

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

But the pay is GREAT!

6. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Went to Alaska this summer. You are dead wrong and listening to the wrong scientist. Global warming is real. You need to see the glaciers.

7. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

What Glacier did you see? Remember there has been global warming sense the last Iceage,just saying.This BS about the Arctic Ocean and the pack ice not being as big or the Polar Bears are dying because of it.If so, how come the Canadians still hunt them.The Polar Bears are just fine.There is more glaciers in Alaska than the rest of the world combined,big ones the Harding Ice Field or the Malaspina Glacier is bigger than some states.

8. warren

warren Member

Hopefully this will work

warren

9. warren

warren Member

I to have been to Alaska and seen the glacers and some are shrinking and some are growing. Some have been melting since well before so called global warming.On the Prince Willian Sound Cruise we were told about the ones that were melting I went up afterward and ask if any were growing and was told yes there were. They neglected to tell us that without a definate question.

warren

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Went to Alaska this summer."

What is the key word in that sentence?

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The argument is not about the earth warming. It is about the dispute if mankind is affecting the cycle. There's the hoax.

Political scientist say we are. Real facts say no.

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Many years ago while still serving in the Air Force as a computer programmer I was stationed at Carswell AFB where the military weather central was located. The top scientist stationed there developed the weather maps that you see today. In conversations with him, he told me how the weather would change in the southern half of Georgia because of the cutting of timber. Canals were dug to drain the swamps and then trees were cut. He was correct on that but most importantly He told of how a devolopeding world would change local weather but would not affect ice flows and such. He basically said it was folks trying to line their pockets and pay for studies at universities. Jackie B.

13. Habib

Habib Member

Shooting Jack, That demonstrates that humans DO impact the planet. You say that was many years ago. I say he was underestimating that impact. If cutting trees in Georgia changes the local climate, what does decimating the rain forests going to do? How many millions of tons of co2 have we pumped into the air since those "many years ago?"

14. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Not only is this website filled with POLITICAL Scientist, it's filled with Enviornmental Scientist! What a source of relable information. Something like watching FOX News.

blade819

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Ouch, attacked by a libtard. Please enlighten us peasants, dear blade, with your expertise. Since you obviously hate Fox News and consider this site to be the same, then why are you here?

BTW, the article at the beginning of this thread wasn't from Fox News, it was from Forbes. Fox had nothing to do with the article or this thread except in your fantasies.

16. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The simple fact remains that "science" sold out to the almighty dollar decades ago. Science died the day it got in bed with government, which is now mostly in control of who gets the research dollars. Scientists today ARE for sale, and they will deliver any results you want if it gets them the money they need to fund their work. Scientists as a group are one of the most dishonest, amoral,vain, power hungry, status hungry groups of people who ever lived. Most will do or say or find anything if it gets them the status they hunger for. Many are flat out agenda driven and they don't let the facts get in their way. They are the last place I would go looking for the truth, and when you see politicians seeking to limit your liberties based on the findings of science, that should be all you need to know. The sad thing is there are some incredibly good scientists out there, and they get painted with the same corruption that paints so many of them.

17. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Shit when I was going to college in the 70's they said we going into an ice age, I remember some of the theories to stop it one was spreading soot over the ice caps

Yup the scientists are really on top of things, if the money is right

18. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The only person I would trust with weather predictions is Maria Molina.

19. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Global warming is not a hoax - it is very, very real. The issue would be if it is "100% caused" by people. That connection cannot be made for certain and at least some scientists are for sale.

But for a fact, the environment is worse off due to people. Making changes to improve our planet is the smart thing to do. Just letting it go is really dumb. Balance is difficult to find. If allowed, industry would spew out more crap than ever, raise prices, AND they would keep the profits.

not related to global warming but just an example of how our wonderful Congress makes decisions - during this week there was a heated exchange between a congressman from Alaska and an environmentalist. This was a hearing about drilling for oil in the big preserve in Alaska. There is no way a congressman from Alaska has an open mind on the subject. He just sees big bucks coming into his state and he would sell his mother to reach that end. I am not saying we should not drill in the preserve, I am saying the people making decisions are very biased due to money. Not a good thing no matter which side of a subject you are on.

20. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Rick Barker...... apparently you decided not to read the Independant study concerning those who regularly watch FOX.

John Galt.... a typical Right Wing Nut trick on this site (and in the world) is to spew out outrageous, indiscriminate bullshit and state that they are facts. Then when contested, you question me for the retort. Good strategy and tactics. PS... I believe I heard that 88 percent of scholarly Scientist survived believe that Global Warming exists. Of course FOX news and Rick Perry say otherwise. Why am I here??? Cause I trap shoot my Right Wing Nut!

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.