1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Global Warming in Upper Mich 2009

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

This picture was taken by Letts and emailed to me. Taken on Lake Superior southern shore. Now we need Al Gore to take a look.

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view┬Ąt=DSCN0047.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. flush-em

flush-em Member

Bill-those are my pets, we have plenty in ontonagon and alot of snow!!!-steve

3. letts

letts TS Member

thanks for puting it up, My wife took the picture.

Letts

4. BILL GRILL

Steve plenty of snow here also. You back to work? How are things looking? Bill

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

People that believe in global warming have very small brains and are easily confused. HMB

6. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

It would be nice if we could cure global warming by a cold winter in Upper Mich, but goble warming is a global problem, Most peole now beleive that the world is warming up,changes in water level and weather padderns are changing our world.

7. BILL GRILL

-18 here this morning over 200" of snow so far this winter. No global warming here as far as I am concerned. Bill

8. flush-em

flush-em Member

Just got laid off-I was able to work the month of Feb. Thanks to my boiler lic, and recharge my benifits for another three months?? They say april 1st,but could be a april fools joke??see ya in green bay-Steve

9. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Global Warming? Not for the last 7 years definitely, probably 10. Hit the link above. Most of the "mainstream" sites on the subject are full of group-think idiocy and blather about "general consensus". But if you look hard enough, you can discover a few facts even there.

Go to the NOAA website and ignore the party-line baloney and search for "temperature departure from normal". Here's a three-month map:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/regional_monitoring/us_3-month_tanom.shtml

Looks about normal by surface area, but is actually slightly cooler overall this Winter. No warming.

Here's another, that filters out all the deliberate obfuscations for you:

http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Worldwide+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm

Here's one that vehemently denies global warmism :

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=EAS20081101&articleId=10783

Actual, observable *facts* don't bear out the global warmist ideology. Present temperature fluctuation falls within norms, and are far below the historical "Holocene Maximum". Fluctuations closely track, guess what? Solar cycles.

10. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Several months back, I argued the same points. Global warming/cooling is tied to solar cycles. All of the doomsdayers' models leave out the most plentiful greenhouse gas - water vapor. The models also don't take into account rainfall, which provides the largest changes to global temperatures. These morons also forget to include the natural warming/cooling cycles of the oceans. Oh, and there's also the jet stream, the prime mover in northern hemisphere weather.

There is no computer big enough to take into consideration, all the data elements necessary to determine how global cooling/warming takes place.

Consensus is not science. Galileo proved that, as did Newton, Copernicus, Einstein, Hubbell, Penzias and Wilson, and Heisenberg, among others.

Best,
    Dennis

11. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

The global warming hoax is proof that you can be educated far beyond the common sense that you are born with. There is nobody on earth more stupid than an over educated idiot from the left. The more years of left-wing indoctrination they get in our liberal universities the dumber they get. "Modern art" is another example of being educated beyond your common sense. It is true in all fields. Look at the idiots now running our country. If their stated goal was to destroy America they couldn't do it any quicker.

12. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Anyone care to guess what the number one green house gas is?

Higher carbon dioxide levels = Global Warming is nothing but "Bad Science"

If in fact carbon dioxide is the key factor in warming the planet just maybe that is a good thing,
    otherwise there would have been no recovery from an ice age.

Carbon dioxide levels were higher during the ice age than now and there were no people that caused it to be that way, how can that be?

All this planet needs to do is fart and block out the sun and we would welcome some global warming.

Here in lower Michigan about half the apple crop was lost because of a late frost last year.

I don't know how much more climate change we can stand.

All we hear in the news is carbon carbon carbon is bad.

Why no plant trees, plant trees, plant trees? Truth is the ocean absorbs more carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere through diffusion than all the plants of the world.

I believe carbon dioxide level is the great temperature moderator of the world not the destroyer that the media would have you believe, if it has any effect at all.

Oh yea the number one greenhouse gas is not co2.

tom

13. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

That's funny, I thought penguins only lived south of the equator.

14. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Anytime one sees a political agenda tied to anything declared by "science", look for the lies. Scientists are the number two group of liars in the world, right behind and fawning at the feet of their patrons, politicians. Science died the day it got in bed with politicians.

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

67 degrees here in Idaho yesterday, set a record. I guess Al Gore is right

16. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

The penguins are cardboard cutouts.. Nice try...

17. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Awe what did you have to go and ruin it for?

18. BILL GRILL

They taste a lot like loons! Must be a diet thing. They have come up the west shore of the bay now I will see if I can get another Pic. Oh ya it was -12 this morning. Supose to warm up and snow though.

19. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Al gore, where was he when we needed him? You know when 911 hits us, my guess hugging a tree and watching spotted owls. Can you imagine if he had been President at that time???/

20. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I'm not a big Al Gore fan, but George Bush didn't do anything great after 911! As a sportsmans I believe in saving wild life, and the world that it lives in! Most true sportmen and hunters feel the same..............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.